Forum slowness?

vbimport

Anyone else experiencing long page loading times on the forum, or is it just me?

Other sites in my Favourites are loading prefectly, and indeed the CDF front page is very fast.

However, pages on the forum are taking an age to load for me - took me about 15 minutes just to access my PMs a little while ago.

I’m hoping it’s not just me, LOL :slight_smile:

It’s not just you, although I’m not experiencing anything like 15min load times - just annoyingly slow loading e.g. half a minute per page.

Running good here. No slowness and i have 100 posts per page set.

Wow, seems fixed now :eek:…thanks for your input, guys :flower:

If it had turned out it was only me, then I would’ve tried with a different browser, adjusted some settings etc. :slight_smile:

The 15 minutes mentioned earlier was when I was trying to read my PMs…page was coming up as Done when it was only partially loaded, then taking forever to load the rest.

Sigh it’s doing it again now, I feel like I’m on dial-up again.

Seems to be an intermittent problem.

Seems reasonably OK for me.

OK thanks Tim :slight_smile:

I’m going to try FF because I have a hunch it’s related to an ad server not loading properly/taking a long time to load - I get all the top part of a page, then the bit that has the ads stops anything else from loading.

I can use FF’s Adblock function and see if that helps, although I hate blocking CDF ads, especially the text ones.

Edit: OK, a lot faster in FF.