Forum rules, guidelines & Tips (English/Dutch)

vbimport

English part
In order to keep this place enjoyable to everyone and help you find your way on this forum we have written some forum rules, guidelines and of course some tips to help you find the answer to your questions sooner.

Please read the Tips, rules and guidelines carefully.

==============================================

==============================================

Dutch part / Nederlands gedeelte
In het kader van wat er niet zo heel lang geleden gebeurt is hebben wij het een en ander voor jullie op een rijtje gezet.

Naast enkele regels en richtlijnen hebben we ook een aantal tips gegeven zodat jullie sneller een antwoord kunnen vinden op je vraag en een kort lijstje met antwoorden op veelgestelde vragen.

Wij vertrouwen erop jullie hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd en er met elkaar een leuke tijd op dit forum van maken.

De regels, richtlijnen en tips kun je nalezen door op deze link te klikken.

Edit:

Yes, you behave nicely most of the time, but this is not a Dutch forum and therefore Dutch is not allowed, so there you have one violation :wink:

Da_Taxman

euhhhh don’t want to be anoying or so, but euhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YOU DON’T HAVE PERMISSION TO ACCES NBF.CDFREAKS/REGELS.HTML ON THIS PAGE

That file is hosted on a friend’s server who go into trouble over too much data traffic so he had to close that directory.
And I can’t get in the backend to change the announcement… ( I can in this post, but have not thought of it, nor did I find a new place to store it)

Could it be possible to add a new rule to the set of rules.

No more really big pictures . especially repeating pictures that people put in the main window but seem like taglines.

It’s relly annoying to see a 150x80pixels picture over and over and over again in a forum… also takes up lotsa space and some more download time.

Yo peepz,

No Dutch allowed here, so let ,e try to speak some English :smiley:
Don’t ya all think there are way 2 much fora over here? Some are almost never used, the General fora (Dutch and English) are most visited… Shouldn’t it be that cdfreaks fora SHOULD be less then there are now?

[Dutch] Ik vind dat er teveel fora zijn, kan het niet worden ingekrompen zodat je alles nog een Btje kan overzien? Ik heb medelijkden met de mods :smiley: [/Dutch]

Another Idea: 1 New forum; to give your questions, opinions, tips, and what so ever, for FXPing. No postings are allowed then, just questions. To help the newbies, and me :smiley: I even know some people who might want to become moderator :smiley:

I posted this in a reply because I cannot make a new thread over here :frowning: Is this usual? Or is it just my problem :D?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Could it be possible to add a new rule to the set of rules.

No more really big pictures . especially repeating pictures that people put in the main window but seem like taglines.

It’s relly annoying to see a 150x80pixels picture over and over and over again in a forum… also takes up lotsa space and some more download time. [/B]

I think there is nothing wrong with pictures being displayed, as long as they fit in the sized table of the current table, restrickting this is only handy if they image is on the local box, uploading images… using the [ img ] tags and directing to http://blah.isp/files/image.jpg is hardly funny to control, takes up more resources then just to link to it.

A little solution is to kindly request this from users, or code-hack vBB and put in a option to display images on a page? (for dailup users).

Originally posted by jpschadde
[B]Yo peepz,

No Dutch allowed here, so let ,e try to speak some English :smiley:
Don’t ya all think there are way 2 much fora over here? Some are almost never used, the General fora (Dutch and English) are most visited… Shouldn’t it be that cdfreaks fora SHOULD be less then there are now?

[Dutch] Ik vind dat er teveel fora zijn, kan het niet worden ingekrompen zodat je alles nog een Btje kan overzien? Ik heb medelijkden met de mods :smiley: [/Dutch]

Another Idea: 1 New forum; to give your questions, opinions, tips, and what so ever, for FXPing. No postings are allowed then, just questions. To help the newbies, and me :smiley: I even know some people who might want to become moderator :smiley:

I posted this in a reply because I cannot make a new thread over here :frowning: Is this usual? Or is it just my problem :D? [/B]

Too much fora? Well, if you have a lot of users and a lot of topics, you end up with a lot of fora to manage them. Putting everything is just a few topic-forums is making it harder to find anything (back). I do think they think about this when managing their forum.

An FXP forum would be nice, but this could be done in a few other topic-forums that already exist I think. But… I am FXPing a lot to mirror my web servers if my mirror scripts fail me. IF there would be such a forum, I would be very interested in sharing the mod-job with jpschadde. So we can setup faq’s, help users, and remove posts that shouldn’t be there… Feel free to contact me through E-mail about it mods :slight_smile:

THaz it for now.

To be short, we don’t have to many forums, and we won’t add a FXP forum. We are always trying out Forums, if they are a success, they stay, if they are not, they are removed. FXP’ing is not something related to CD Freaks and certainly not something we want to be affiliated with…

Domi, you’re pretty right…
But: Some fora are hugh, and I’m checking some topics now, I’ve been busy for 3 hours already :smiley:
So pretty big… …especially the new Lite-on/plextor fora: They could be together or so? Whatever, You’re da man over here :wink:

Why don’t you wanna be affiliated with FXPing? U think ‘De Vos en Partners’ would come here again? It’s not that there should be posts on with pubs etcetera, but just to help the newbie’s on their way to that ‘scene’. You see LOTS OF posts about FXPing here… …so I guess there are much of people who should want an FXPing forum :wink:

Then the other part: Why can’t I start a new thread here?

The purpose of different fora is that discussions can be separated. Some people know more about for instance a Plextor than they do about a Lite-On, because they own a plextor themselves. And of course in some cases the tech people from a particular brand may check up on this forum too and they are not interested in other brands, at least not answering questions there (They probably don’t mind reading about the problems with other brands, so they know what they have to focus on with their own product :wink: )

But you don’t want to split up the fora too much and end up with one post a month in each forum. So you have to weigh carefully which fora you want to setup.

As for FXP’ing, you all know that it is not legal, or at least it is not used for legal purposes in 99.9% of the cases (the FXP protocol itself is of course legal :wink: ). A while back CD Freaks went legit, there have been many discussions and I recommend the search for tose who care to read the different opinions, but the fact is that the policy is a legit one…that is why a FXP forum will never happen here…

And a million people may want an FXP forum, it will still not happen here, tehre are plenty of fora out there that do post FXP related topics and the sites to find them have been discussed many times also, so for that too you can use the search

These rules were drawn up after careful deliberation I am sure, why can’t people accept them and abide by them? Is it truly that hard to accept that some things are allowed and that there are tips, though they may sound annoying, that do help you find the answer to your question sooner???

They don’t ask you to like it here, but they do deserve respect when you stay here!

Damn u’re right :frowning:
Don’t like it 2 say that, but that’s just the way it izzzz :slight_smile:

It should be very likely 2 be mod of da FXPing forum here :wink:

Originally posted by jpschadde
Damn u’re right

I usually am :smiley:

You trying to get yourself banned?

NO Dutch in this ENGLISH forum!

Why don’t you make a yamaha forum

Or a TEAC forum, for that matter. I did notice that the Mitsumi forum has no posts for about a week now. And the Plextor forum is not exactly busy :stuck_out_tongue:

So maybe it’s not really necessary to have new forums.

I disabled Avatar and Signature entirely in browsing the forums. So much better now. :slight_smile: