Forum program?

vbimport

#1

Hi. Now I’m really gonna dive head first into an area I know LESS than nothing about! But, I’m very curious.

I noticed that quite a few tech forums run this same type of program to post messages. Is this some kind of software you buy and then set up on the web? If so, what is it called an how do I learn more about it?

thanks,
joe


#2

Yup , Vbulletin costs money.

But there’s also the freeware PHPBB2

You will require a webserver , suchs as Apache or IIS , a database and PHP .


#3

Also, many hosting providers provide a bbs option as part of your package if you not hosting your own servers locally…:slight_smile:


#4

Originally posted by ZigZagMan
Also, many hosting providers provide a bbs option as part of your package if you not hosting your own servers locally…:slight_smile:

My ISP doesn’t support php :Z :a


#5

Originally posted by Ssseth
My ISP doesn’t support php :Z :a

Well, I didn’t mean your isp…unless your isp is also your web host. Hosting providers like ipower.com and others offer you web space and domain name registration pretty cheap…this is the kind of service provider I meant…:slight_smile:


#6

I was just sharing my anger for everyone to enjoy! :smiley:


#7

Originally posted by Ssseth
I was just sharing my anger for everyone to enjoy! :smiley:

and I share your anger…DAMN your ISP damn it to hell!!! :a :a :frowning: :a :Z :smiley:


#8

Originally posted by ZigZagMan
and I share your anger…DAMN your ISP damn it to hell!!! :a :a :frowning: :a :Z :smiley:

Thanks! That was some great sympathy anger! I feel much better now!!! :bigsmile: