Forum is glitchy today

vbimport

The catbox has gone kablooey. As in not appearing at all. And the smilies are not going in properly. My PM to Deanwitty lost all its formatting and came out as one big sentence. At least its still up and running.

And its still not formatting properly. I put three paragraphs in that last entry.

Hi :slight_smile:
Sure it is not your end?
This post is primarily a test to see how it comes out.
That might help!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2662459]And its still not formatting properly. I put three paragraphs in that last entry.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
As you can see by my previous post.
It is OK here…
Hope yours is sorted too.

" Quick Links" is not working for me & neither is the cat box .
That’s all I’ve noticed so far but I haven’t ben on long.

Ok, I’m going to try to put several sentences in with gaps between them. As I do when writing normally and make separate paragraphs.

Here’s the second paragraph, lets see if it goes in properly.

And now the third.

Edit: Now it is formatting properly, but I’m seeing odd stuff that normally doesn’t show up when editing. There is a < sign, then br, then / and > signifying the paragraph breaks. And I had to insert them manually to get the blank line between my last sentence and this edit.

I’ve the same experience as cholla - Neither the Catbox nor the Quick Links drop-down work.

Yesterday evening, many avatars were not showing up, e.g. Aranche’s avatar showed as a broken image link, but these are working fine at the moment.

Everything was working in Chrome, but even clearing cookies has done nothing for Firefox.

Lets see what this post does.

I’m trying to make separate lines, with spaces between.

Working in Chrome, which is showing the catbox just fine, and letting me post in there as well.

Edit: And no funky stuff showing up in the edit box either.

I just encountered another glitch - Clicking on a smiley does not insert it, I have to manually type the smiley code.

From a quick check, this smiley issue, along with the the catbox and Quick Links issues affects Firefox 16, Chrome and IE9 on my PC.

Same here Sean, No Quoted capture as well.

Ditto on the inability to click smilies, & (now that you’ve mentioned it) the chatbox isn’t loading. Haven’t tried other forum features.

edit: posting this as a quick reply forced a full page refresh (flashed to a blank page briefly), which is subtly different from showing the progress indicator then popping the new post onto the page (no screen flash).

double edit: quick editing is (logically) as broken as quick posting for me at the moment.

Wow I thought I was losing it.

None of the icons are working for me (insert link etc).

I thought there was something wrong with the mouse or keyboard. :slight_smile:

Wombler

This could be browser issues. Who’s just upgraded to the newest Firefox 16.02? My 16.01 and my 15.01’s are fine, but my 16.02 is not allowing these features.

Sounds “browser version”, not forum. Hopefully!

It can happen in Chrome (mentioned above) and mobile Safari (not mentioned; never spontaneously updated), too…so… what crazy magic is this? :doh:

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2662523]This could be browser issues. Who’s just upgraded to the newest Firefox 16.02? My 16.01 and my 15.01’s are fine, but my 16.02 is not allowing these features.

Sounds “browser version”, not forum. Hopefully![/QUOTE]

It’s the same in IE9 as well as Firefox 16.02.

Plus I was using IE9 as it started to happen and there haven’t been any updates to that today.

Wombler

It was not a browser issue, but it looks like someone wanted to abuse our forum for spamming. I think I was able to fix most of the issues, one minor function could still be broken.

Need to put some more pressure on “the boss” now to get the forum software updated :wink:

In case anyone still has major issues, please try closing all browser windows and then reloading the page.

Thanks to Liggy for sorting all this out so quickly. :clap:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’m now looking into the hack :frowning:

Thanks for the reports an of course thanks to Liggy for taking the time to look into it and fix it!

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2662580]I’m now looking into the hack :frowning:

Thanks for the reports an of course thanks to Liggy for taking the time to look into it and fix it![/QUOTE]

[B]Yo Domi-[/B]

[B]Probably time for the boss to give Liggy another raise-eh!![/B] :clap: :iagree: :clap: :iagree: