Forum Freezes (Internet Explorer 6 with SP1)

vbimport

On Internet Explorer 6 with SP1 on Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 4, without being logged-in and upon browse to “http://club.cdfreaks.com/”, the Web browser freezes (“problem”) indefinitely.

Please correct the problem such that the forums does not freeze.

I am using Opera now to write this message.

I just tried that myself and had the same problem…Must be why I use Firefox…:smiley:

This problem has been going on for a long time i reported it to them some time back but still not fixed,i also have xp pro sp3 ie6,guess it’s too old.

I just tried it on my PC at work (XP SP3, IE6SP1) and did not experience a single hang. I read this thread and browsed some other forums/threads - no problem at all. :confused:

Liggy first of all thanks for all your work,i have many dvd burners,i have two desktop computers and one laptop, 2 with xp pro 1 with sp2 and 1 with sp3 both have ie6,laptop has xp home sp3 ie6 all will hang up wile scolling down in forums,i have new hp laptop windows 7 64bit ie8 works fine. and thanks for reading

Our developers managed to locate the code that made IE6 crash and fixed it. In my opinion this was clearly a bug in IE6.

had the same problem…the main reason I stuck with the old layout…
It is a IE6 issue…have problems with other sites as well (and on many sites I either receive the notification that IE6 support will be phased out or the site refuses to work altogether)…

I will check later if it works now…

The main forum page freezing now does not occur.

However, I have noticed that high CPU usage (100% for me) and slowdown may occur when browsing the club.cdfreaks.com site with the default Beta skin until the browser crashes.

[B]The problems only seem to occur with the current Beta skin (the forum default). [/B] The Beta skin seems to be quite defective.

I would recommend using any of the other skins as the default club.cdfreaks.com skin (or at least for Internet Explorer 6).

Yes it still hang’s up i don’t know how to change the background skin’s but that might work until then i can’t search the form,took several attemps to get logged on’ ie 6 is still used by over 60 perscent of people.

[QUOTE=Striper;2501502]Yes it still hang’s up i don’t know how to change the background skin’s but that might work until then i can’t search the form,took several attemps to get logged on’ ie 6 is still used by over 60 perscent of people.[/QUOTE]Striper, try the following link:

http://club.myce.com/profile.php?do=editoptions