Fortis dvd-8x

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:GSC003]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [GigaStorage Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [GSC003]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

hi i am new hear and may englsh is not thet good… i want to ask if thet media is good?

These discs can be good with the right burner. Sticking to 4x will ensure a good burn, burning at 8x may depend on your batch.

what i’ve seen:

• Lite-on 451@CG5G = acceptable result @ 4x
  • Nec2510a good result at 8x (depending on batch)
  • Nec2510a Excellent result at 4x

Being a Gigastorage (Taiwan) disc they aren’t comparable to the ‘best’ discs on the market, but for budget discs these are very good. Of the 4x GSC001 and GSC002 discs i have used for the past year, i have had good burn results and the discs have lasted well so far.

tnx for the help

From my experience:
-My Plextor 712A despises these at 8x, but does incredibly well at 4x. Great for the value if you burn em slow.
-A friend of mine burnt a bunch of these in another friend’s NEC 3500A at 8x. I didn’t get a chance to do a scan on any of em, but he said all the discs he burnt would skip/freeze in his DVD player, but everything I did at 4x was nice and smooth :slight_smile:

These are 2 scans of Fortis -R 8x discs burned with liteon 1633 (firmware BS0S) @8x

Yeah, but those look like a fake TY media code… These are GSC 003.

GSC is one of the largest fakers of MID codes there is. Reason enough not to use them IMHO.

I already knew that these are fake Taiyo :Z . These discs were buyed by my bros, and I burned a couple just for curiosity.

I posted these scans to give to bigmanil an idea of what expects from these discs. :bigsmile:

expect them to be unreadable in the near future. i’ve used a tyg02 faked mid by gigastorage (most likely gsc003 equivelant disc). The initial burn tested well, a few months later it couldn’t be completely read back.

Another thread on this forum indicated that there seems to be more MID faking by gigastorage of late.

edit: geno888, could you please post the serial number from the inner ring.
this thread shows another brand selling TYG02 faked MID which seem to be from gigastorage too.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?p=1042511#post1042511

Thanks for the advice dicer. :bow:
Actually these discs were only two curiosity burnings, nothing really important. I use only Verbatim discs for my important backups :iagree:

I guess, but that’s a bit like saying I bought some new, Fuji brand TYG02 media, and then you showed me horrible scans of ProdiscF01 since Fuji also uses discs from them. Fortis seems to use all kinds of cheap media, unless GSC fakes TY media as well as makes their own discs, I’m not really sure you can compare.

Sorry for my mistake: I wasn’t thinking about it :doh: