Format harddisk and reinstal wind xp

vbimport

how do i format harddisk, seperate it in 4 parts and reinstal xp??

During the process of when you boot off the WinXP CD, you will have the option of using an integrated version of FDisk. Just do a partition and then format. Just think of the sizes you wantthe partitions to be in. It will prompt you for size in megabytes.

wietstock… that’s a nice nickname :wink:

There’s one little thing I’d like to add: during the partitioning, you will be asked wether you want NTFS or FAT32 partitions. In most cases, NTFS is the better choice. Only use FAT32 if you need it for backwards compatibility or somewhat OS independent data exchange…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]wietstock… that’s a nice nickname :wink:

There’s one little thing I’d like to add: during the partitioning, you will be asked wether you want NTFS or FAT32 partitions. In most cases, NTFS is the better choice. Only use FAT32 if you need it for backwards compatibility or somewhat OS independent data exchange… [/B]

If you want to sent the data over a network then it doesn’t matter which file format you use. If for some reason you want to be able to recover the data in a Win9X machine then you would have to use FAT32.