Forgotten Backup?

vbimport

I know this is probably a dead subject… but i having no luck backing up my copy of Forgotten… ive tried dvd decrypter 3.5.2, dvd2one 1.5.1, anydvd 4.5.7.2, clonedvd2, and am still having no luck…
what am i doing wrong? the farthest ive gotten is with anydvd running in the bkgrd, and using clonedvd2, it writes up to about 90% then fails…
can someone spell this one out for me step by step as to what i should do in order to back this up… ive tried following the millions of various ways people have done it, but havent had any luck… thanks in advance!

I think most of the discussion was on Region 1 NTSC? is this your version?

Anyway, let’s try one step at a time. Try this step alone, newest DVD Decrypter in File Mode. What happens, does it rip to completion?

it rips in completion, but i get a message like “Argh…too many dummy sectors” or something like that about 90% or the way. then i get a couple error messages i have to “ok” thru, then it says rip complete, no files skipped.

Yo-

Same thing happened to me on “Little Black Book”

Hopefully you ripped it in ISO in decrypeter- now just Shrink or Recode2 it to disc (I like Recode2 Better/Faster)

Mike

no, i always make my backups in file mode… ive never done one in iso mode… what are the steps and what programs do i need? thanks ahead of time…1

it rips in completion, but i get a message like “Argh…too many dummy sectors” or something like that about 90% or the way. then i get a couple error messages i have to “ok” thru, then it says rip complete, no files skipped.

This is actually correct for movies protected with Sony’s new DVD protection. Just continue with your transcoding software (CloneDVD, DVDshrink, DVD2one etc.) using those files.

I tried to continue, but about 50% of the way thru dvd2one it stopped with an error saying i needed to copy entire disc if i wanted to continue, or files were missing, or incomplete or something… then i had to cancel the entire operation… wierd to me becuz decrypter told me that no files were skipped in the copy process and it was supposedly 100% successful… any thoughts on this?

Nevermind… i got it to work using AnyDVD in the background, and an older version of CloneDVD… oddly enough the newer version just didnt cut it… thanks for the help tho

Try super dvd copy / I am using all the other programs listed above and each and new copy protection becomes a trial and error process. Super dvd worked for forgotten and some other new one’s. Your best bet is reading forums and seeing what’s been able to decrypt and rip out there. Mabye someone needs to start generating a “true” list of what works well with what movie…

newest versions of dvddecryptor, dvdfree,dvdfab,dvdshrink, nero6 ultra ect clone dvd, tried all possible combinations nothing works so far. havent tried ripping it in iso with dvddecrytor gonna try now and post back, problem with that is that i cant shrink it as it would be an iso image. any ideas how to shrink an iso? or split 1??

@78hotrod

No problem with latest CloneDVD from Elby in combination with latest AnyDVD from Slysoft

I also posted this info in my other post as I don’t know if the problem has to do with the ASPI or the movie itself. You can view other info at other post here.
ANYDVD ? & LITEON 1633 WITH WIN XP

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=130775

Did the ASPI replace my BSOS firmware on my 1633 drive?

I just went to make a back up copy of Forgotten and could not do it.

This is the info:
Did all as I would a nd when it got to the sound quality bar there was no color bar.

went to next: starts to scan next:
Creation of dvd files was not successful invalid block star code.

one or more blocks might be corruptes by a prior copying process or by the source devicecovering crtical read errors.

I hit details: PS 10 VOB4 459843 176 CLONE 6TCE

I had to problem till I started messing around with the sound. Shouls I take out Nero, ANYDVD and CLONEDVD will that undo ASPI or is that not the problem. Or will I need to reform and start over again?

One last thing I was able to copy the movie with Shrink.

Thanks
Tom

I confirm
That worked for me too :iagree: