Ford Fiesta now has more than 1,000 reservations

vbimport

Man, I remember when the Ford Fiesta was nothing but a POS.

But now…

Hi,

I am glad to report that Fiesta is off to a great start. Just a week after being introduced at the LA auto show the Fiesta reservation site (www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta), where you can build and reserve your Fiesta, has received more than 1,000 reservations and California is one of the top states!

Fiesta will not arrive in showrooms until summer of next year and usually to reserve a vehicle customers have to place deposits, however, through www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta customers can reserve a Fiesta with no money down and also receive special services and Free SYNC!

Visit http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31569 for more information.

Key facts:

o Ford Fiesta Reservations has more than 1,000 reservations placed since launching just six days ago, showing demand for Ford’s newest small car

o Consumers who reserve a new Ford Fiesta will receive SYNC® and Premium Sound package, a $595 value, at no charge once their vehicle is delivered

o Consumers can visit www.fordvehicles.com/2011fiesta or text “reserve” to 4Ford on a smartphone to build, price and reserve their Fiesta

o The new 2011 Ford Fiesta is projected to deliver best-in-class highway fuel economy of 40 mpg and will offer 15 class-exclusive technologies

o California is one of the state leading in reservations.

IMO Good for Ford!

Somewhat slow in US :bigsmile: That model is already available here in Europe :slight_smile:

I am happy to see Ford bringing some of their European models to the USA. Especially in the sedan/coupe market segment. Ford is trying to promote greater efficiencies by reducing car models and going with a global strategy of manufacturing and marketing. IMO, a big reason Ford is doing well is they were the only major USA car manufacturer to not take a taxpayer funded bailout and the public is rewarding them for it. I know I will NEVER buy a GM or Chrysler product again and I am far from being alone in having this sentiment. I hope Ford is able to rid themselves of the UAW because I think their future survival depends on it.

Randomus, your memory serves you well. The original Fiesta was a POS. :wink:

Being a long time Ford owner I agree with the older Fiesta being a cheap POS.
I never owned one but rode in a couple.
The quality of the newer one remains to be seen.
I think many are buying it because of the economy.Both for the fuel mileage & cars price tag.
Some of these being used to a larger vehicle may not be happy.
I owned a 1972 Ford Pinto only 2 years old when I bought it.I really like my Pinto.It was one of the red,white&blue models.I had some custom striping also painted on it. I put 100000 + miles on it & sold it still running.Many have called the Pinto a POS but I liked mine.
Right now I drive a 1980 Mercury Capri (basically a Ford Mustang) I added a factory Mustang spoiler & rear window louvers to it.I has 250000 + miles on it.I did rebuild the engine at 125000 miles & replaced the stock 4cyl rearend with one from a V8.
It still has the 4cyl.

[QUOTE=cholla;2473575]Right now I drive a 1980 Mercury Capri (basically a Ford Mustang) I added a factory Mustang spoiler & rear window louvers to it.I has 250000 + miles on it.I did rebuild the engine at 125000 miles & replaced the stock 4cyl rearend with one from a V8.
It still has the 4cyl.[/QUOTE]

I have a Fox Mustang sitting in the driveway. Those cars are nearly bullet proof. I bought my Mustang new in 1989 and drove it for 120,000 miles before the first non-maintenance repair was needed which was a tie rod end. Then at 120,000 miles I installed a supercharger on it, ran 16 psi of boost and it is still going with 155,000 miles on the original short block.

The best American car I have ever owned are my 3 Subarus, made in Indiana.

This was when cars were made not stamped out by a machine

My mum’s got an older Fiesta (don’t recall the year)…that thing’s done some mileage and isn’t a POS. :slight_smile:

Be nice for her to get a newer Ford, as those new Fiestas are nice, but budget doesn’t quite stretch. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=samlar;2474214]This was when cars were made not stamped out by a machine[/QUOTE]

I used to make leaf springs by hand for big boats like that. Clean virgin steel, very nice to weld. That car would eat a Ford Fiesta and poop it out the tail pipe without even coughing.

For those that care I think the car in salmar’s post is a Studebaker Golden Hawk.
For a rare Ford see if you can ID this one:

1959 Ford Sun liner? The convertable top stored in the trunk

That’s where it stayed too in the motors blew on it. I remember seeing a guy (when I was very very young) open the top while doing about 30 m.p.h., It stayed in that position for about 6 mos. then the car disappeared (in the sense that I don’t know what happened to it). You could probably make 10 Fiestas out of that car. Imagine the Carbon Footprint of these cars, we’re talking Godzilla here!

@CCRomeo, You are almost correct.The year is correct .You will even see some of these identified as a Galaxy Sunliner.The Sunliner was the soft convertable top model.
This one is the much rarer Skyliner retractable hardtop.
@Zathros ; My uncle has one of these & it gets about 18mpg highway.So not as bad a Carbon Footprint as you might think.

[QUOTE=cholla;2475169]@CCRomeo, You are almost correct.The year is correct .You will even see some of these identified as a Galaxy Sunliner.The Sunliner was the soft convertable top model.
This one is the much rarer Skyliner retractable hardtop.
@Zathros ; My uncle has one of these & it gets about 18mpg highway.So not as bad a Carbon Footprint as you might think.[/QUOTE]

That’s freakin awesome and matches some new “luxury” cars out now. Very cool… My carbon footprint is probably the size of Godzilla’s, so really, I blowin’ smoke.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2475133]For those that care I think the car in salmar’s post is a Studebaker Golden Hawk.
For a rare Ford see if you can ID this one:[/QUOTE]

I love that car if I had the money I would buy one today