Forcing 52x write in Nero possible?

vbimport

I have some media that write fine at 52x in CDRWin and Discjuggler but are detected as 32x only in Nero 5.5.10.28 (Tried a couple of earlier versions with same result).

Is it possible to force Nero to NOT auto pick the maximum writing speed and set it to 52x regardless? Each time I try to write at 52x it tells me it has set it back to 32x or if I start Nero with the disc already in the drive 52x becomes unavailable to select.

Nevermind I found the thread about SmartBurn :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends on what drive you have, the LiteOns allow you to shut off the max speed limitation. Other drives may not.

Originally posted by Oddball
[B]I have some media that write fine at 52x in CDRWin and Discjuggler but are detected as 32x only in Nero 5.5.10.28 (Tried a couple of earlier versions with same result).

Is it possible to force Nero to NOT auto pick the maximum writing speed and set it to 52x regardless? Each time I try to write at 52x it tells me it has set it back to 32x or if I start Nero with the disc already in the drive 52x becomes unavailable to select. [/B]

btw why would you even mind the trouble getting the speed up. The difference between 32x and 52x isn’t that big, 2 minutes at most.

The difference is actually only about 40 seconds. But the discs were rated by 52x by the online retailer and were only being burned efficiently at 32x thus my interest in forcing it to 52x. However after trying at 52x I found the discs to be prone to errors. See the media test thread for my test results.

Originally posted by Oddball
However after trying at 52x I found the discs to be prone to errors. See the media test thread for my test results.
Smartburn (powerec etc) are usually there for a reason :wink: