Forced Subtitles

Hi…

With V4 you could check the box called “Only Include Forced Subtitles”. I don’t see it with V5.

This was useful when converting for mobile devices and the producers didn’t put in subtitles when using a different language in the film. for instance, the film is in English, but someone speaks French for a few lines, many times it would force the DVD subtitle on for that portion.

How can you accomplish the same thing in V5?

Thanks

It’s there !!!

DVD->Mobile, bottom right corner of display box, same place.

[QUOTE=stewie7669;2068509]Hi…

With V4 you could check the box called “Only Include Forced Subtitles”. I don’t see it with V5.

This was useful when converting for mobile devices and the producers didn’t put in subtitles when using a different language in the film. for instance, the film is in English, but someone speaks French for a few lines, many times it would force the DVD subtitle on for that portion.

How can you accomplish the same thing in V5?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

this is good but can we get forced sub titles only when not using dvd to mobile…e.g when i copy movie only to dvd with no menus i go back and un check the arrow for default subs,but when i play the movie the sub titles are on by default…someone said it is your dvd player,but this is not true because if it is it would also be on when i include the menu…

Sometimes the forced subtitles are included with the normal subitiles. You can find them using DVDSubEdit and make only the forced subtitles visible.

Remember that the “translation subtitles” are sometimes a standalone subpicture stream(not part of the normal English), in which case that stream has to be the one selected and included (Direct Render to Video)for a mobile conversion. These types are often not truly forced and the “Display Only…” box will paradoxically keep them from being dispalyed in some cases. As others mentioned DVDSubEdit is a great tool for working with subs.