Force reading with CLV?!

vbimport

Hi
With my LiteOn LWS811S I can write DVDs with 8xspeed in CLV.
But it seems to read the disc always slower, only with CAV. So the reading speed rises from 3x on the inner regions to 8x on the outer regions.
I only want to read long files such as DVD-Mpeg-streams.
Is it possibel to switch or force the reading mode to CLV?
Then the readingspeed should be nearly constant at 8x, right?
Thanks for help
ThorstenM

So the reading speed rises from 3x on the inner regions to 8x on the outer regions.

So does the burn, just because nero shows a fixed (8x) it doesnt actually mean its burning in CLV, i believe no drive capable of 8x CLV exists (could be wrong), if you want a fast reader do a search for Aopen DVD-ROM, couldnt tell you the model but i believe they make the fastest DVD-ROM drives going.

My drive does!
At least I can hear that the angle-velocity is not constanst. So it does not burn with CAV. There is another mode called Z-CLV or something like this. But I think this is a special reading mode.

8x CLV is physically impossible, the closest you will get is P-CAV. ALthough the differences are very small in terms of time, the rotational speed needed for 8x is too high at the inside of a disc.
I’m not sure what it is you are getting at, but if you want to speed up your read speeds, you should consult the LiteOn forum, where you can find the tools for that.