Force imgburn to 2.4x write speed

vbimport

When ever I try to burn a dvd+r dl disc I get 4x write speed. This causes problem for me some times so I need to burn the disc at 2.4x, but when I chose 2.4x it says the following in imgburn:

Wanted 2.4x
Got 4x

So it automaticly burns it in 4x anyway.

I always use quality discs, only verbatim dvd+r dl and my burner is a samsung SH-182D. If I understood correct the burner too supports that speed, but it still wont burn it in 2.4x for me, clonecd does the same thing when I pick 2.4, burns it in 4x anyway.

Burning speeds for media are determined by the firmware of the drive. If the drive won’t allow that speed, the software cannot “force” it to do so.

Ah okey, I just tried cross flashing my burner to get rid of the lead in. Still no luck on burning in 2.4x. Does anyone know a firmware version that manages to burn in 2x4x and gets rid of the lead in version for the samsung sh-128d?

Usually firmwares are optimized by the drive manufacturers to burn discs at the best speed.

If you have problems with 4x burned discs, maybe the culprit is not the drive, but the disc itself.

In my experience, even Verbatim 2.4x certified DL discs give excellent results also when burned at 4x, so my guess is that you got a bad batch of media.

Hmm okey. Ive burnt alot of verbatim dvd+r dl and I usually get disc read error in my xbox 360, this according to people is because burning in 4x often gives you errors like that. Thats why i want it to burn in 2.4x.

I’m not sure that it will work, but maybe you can try to use MCSE to change writing speeds in firmware.

[QUOTE=quuz;2523847]Ah okey, I just tried cross flashing my burner [B]to get rid of the lead in.[/B] Still no luck on burning in 2.4x. Does anyone know a firmware version that manages to burn in 2x4x and gets rid of the lead in version for the samsung sh-128d?[/QUOTE]

What should that give?
You never ever can get rid of the lead-in…