For those with experience in disassembling DVD burners

vbimport

Hello:

I have an HP-DVD 840i burner.

Yesterday, out of the nothing, when I opened the HP DVD’s tray, a doughnut shape gray cushion, the size of a DVD’s center came out and I don’t know what it is for and don’t know what to do and don’t know why it happened.

Anyone with experience in opening these devices knows what this thing is for and how can I put it back?

So far, the device seems to operate correctly without this cushion, but I don’t know the consequences of leaving it out.

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated,
Roberto

Could it be the foam spacer that comes at the top of most cakeboxes of blank CD/DVD media?

If so, you can just throw it out and don’t worry about it, since you accidentally put it in your drive with a blank disc.

Sounds like it’s just a spacer from a spindle of discs.

Drage beat me by a click

Yes, seems like it is guys !!!

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Roberto

im glad the spacer didnt fall into the track of the laser. :eek:

[QUOTE=robertin75;2125934]Yes, seems like it is guys !!!

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Roberto[/QUOTE]yeah i would bet that’s what it is. I’ve had a few drives apart and never seen a cushion that big inside.

Just curious was this spacer on top of a disc you had burned? I would make sure that all of it is still intact. You don’t want any pieces of one left inside.

I’m not 100% sure but I think that I did burn one disc with that thing inside the DVD burner.

Fortunately the spacer is intact and the burner seems to be working ok. Anyway, we’ll see if everything goes well when I burn my next DVD.

Thanks !!

[QUOTE=robertin75;2125970]I’m not 100% sure but I think that I did burn one disc with that thing inside the DVD burner.

Fortunately the spacer is intact and the burner seems to be working ok. Anyway, we’ll see if everything goes well when I burn my next DVD.

Thanks !![/QUOTE]Glad it was all in one piece. I’m sure the burner is ok.