For the first time more Windows 10 users than Windows 8.1

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: For the first time more Windows 10 users than Windows 8.1[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/02/StatCounter-os-ww-monthly-201412-201601-95x75.png[/newsimage]

Last month Windows 10 had for the first time more users than its predecessor, Windows 8.1. In these numbers only the PC version of the operating system is included.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-market-share-exceeds-that-of-windows-8-1-for-the-first-time-78506/](http://www.myce.com/news/windows-10-market-share-exceeds-that-of-windows-8-1-for-the-first-time-78506/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Well, I personally am becoming less fond of the Windows 10 operating system. With the latest updates/upgrades, my computer is starting to get BSOD’s and corrupt files that cannot be fixed. Its been far more trouble than 8.1 ever was.

And you cannot put off the upgrades forever. Which means you might have a perfectly stable system that is no longer reliable. If this nonsense continues, I’ll probably have to do a clean install some time in the near future from an ISO file, not Windows Update.

Microsoft is not doing themselves any favors.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2767632]Well, I personally am becoming less fond of the Windows 10 operating system. With the latest updates/upgrades, my computer is starting to get BSOD’s and corrupt files that cannot be fixed. Its been far more trouble than 8.1 ever was.

And you cannot put off the upgrades forever. Which means you might have a perfectly stable system that is no longer reliable. If this nonsense continues, I’ll probably have to do a clean install some time in the near future from an ISO file, not Windows Update.

Microsoft is not doing themselves any favors.[/QUOTE]

That is true Kerry56. However, you can uninstall installed updates descending until it becomes stable again using wusa from the command line like this:
[B]wusa /uninstall /kb:??? /quiet /norestart[/B]
Exchange ‘???’ with the actual KB-number and restart after you are done.

Then download the updates using Portable updater http://www.portableupdate.com/ - Now you can turn off Automatic updates and choose which updates you want yourself.

I know MS really should put you in the driver seat themselves, but when they fail, this workaround will hopefully assist :wink:

With that said, my experience is indeed that Windows 10 is more stable than Windows 8.1.

Ooouch…
One thing, make sure that is an administrative command line, but you probably knew that already.
… and since you mentioned the expression, “det er helt texas”, no doubt about it :smiley:

Last month Windows 10 had for the first time more users than its predecessor, Windows 8.1. In these numbers only the PC version of the operating system is included. According to market research company Netmarketshare, Windows 10 currently holds a market share of 11.85% while it reports 10.4% for Windows 8.1.
This got to be a early April fools joke. Just overtook Windows 8.1 that so lame. Now if it overtook Windows 7 that be big news. Even the graph shows Windows 7 still rules at the end of the day. The graphs show Windows 7 down but that is because MS no longer sells Windows 7 that’s the only reason the graph is down for Windows 7 but I can tell from forums that I visit endusers are dumping Win10 machine and formatting to Windows 7 and or looking buying Windows 7 machines still. So that tells you the endurance of Windows 7 is still going strong and show no signs of dying out.

And is told by this:

That’s still far behind the most popular Windows version, Windows 7 which has a market share of 52.47%. That’s still far behind the most popular Windows version, Windows 7 which has a market share of 52.47%.

This is likely caused because Windows 10 is free for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users and because Microsoft consistently shows nag screens to upgrade to these users.
Also this can be stopped if one takes time to look at my other posting that shows how to stop this nag…

Post #9

My install keeps resetting the and video drivers. I’ve played with the tvdr delay or whatever the syntax is and it helped but still does it. Good thing is it glitches, throws the error warning, but continues on. I was getting some system restarts occasionally too but found a registry hack for that that seems to work.
I haven’t seen any BSODs yet though. It seems a lot more sensitive and picky about things then 7 is.
I just want it to be stable, I found the forum and files to make media center work and so far that seems to be working fine but I still have my 7 box up and running just in case.
And thanks for the info and links Xercus, should come in handy as I hate being forced to trust them and whatever update they want to force on us.

I’m using windows 10 and yah it’s got some quirks but overall it’s running decently enough for me (not bad for an OS that’s half a year old).   I’ve even got it working on my 6yr old laptop (even though Acer hasn’t put out new drivers for it, the individual parts makers have).   I remember other Win OS’s being a little quirky at the beginning and they got more stable a more updates/service packs game out.

I wouldn’t of paid for win10. The act I’m using classic start menu and areoglass to make it cosmetically look more like win7 is a telling sign.  On the other hand I use my PC for games so I was going to have to make the leap at some point to use the next DirectX. Â

Overall Win10 is working pretty good for me (now that I’ve figured out how to tweak to my liking).

[QUOTE=Zod;2767671]I wouldn’t of paid for win10. The act I’m using classic start menu and areoglass to make it cosmetically look more like win7 is a telling sign. On the other hand I use my PC for games so I was going to have to make the leap at some point to use the next DirectX.[/QUOTE]That is the reason why Win10 can’t seem to break out of the box. If Win10 was that great Win7 users would be coming over but the numbers tells a different story.

The biggest issue for Win10 is that they should have left the update thing unchanged from Win7. So you can select updates, or just get information about it and then decide what to do. The most stupid thing MS did with their new operating system.

The other part is they removed the Win7 colors, you can add them but still irritating that the windows of each program has a strange color. Or bars at the bottom etc.

These two issues are serious problems to me, otherwise they fixed most of the bad things from win8 and win8.1 and it could have been better but win10 is at least usable.

The dumb thing is, they could fix these issues easy with upgrades and be done with it.

If I can not disable updates with a hack or tool I am not interested in using win10, I do not want updates installed or new drivers, just because windows things they are better. That should be up to the users what to do.

[QUOTE=dennisolof;2767894]The biggest issue for Win10 is that they should have left the update thing unchanged from Win7. So you can select updates, or just get information about it and then decide what to do. The most stupid thing MS did with their new operating system.

The other part is they removed the Win7 colors, you can add them but still irritating that the windows of each program has a strange color. Or bars at the bottom etc.

These two issues are serious problems to me, otherwise they fixed most of the bad things from win8 and win8.1 and it could have been better but win10 is at least usable.

The dumb thing is, they could fix these issues easy with upgrades and be done with it.

If I can not disable updates with a hack or tool I am not interested in using win10, I do not want updates installed or new drivers, just because windows things they are better. That should be up to the users what to do.[/QUOTE]

I think we’re all behind you in your points here. The sad part is that the one who really should listen to your points seem to be to ignorant to listen.
The latest move, to offer the Enterprise version only to companies with at least 500 employees seems to continue their ignorant path as it means that Microsoft wants to control even more installations.
It will then only be companies with their own WSUS server or Windows System Center who can control what updates are accepted.

While even the Enterprise edition is a possible target there are a few policies available to limit what Microsoft can do even when not connected to a domain.

[QUOTE=dennisolof;2767894]The biggest issue for Win10 is that they should have left the update thing unchanged from Win7. So you can select updates, or just get information about it and then decide what to do. The most stupid thing MS did with their new operating system.

If I can not disable updates with a hack or tool I am not interested in using win10, I do not want updates installed or new drivers, just because windows things they are better. That should be up to the users what to do.[/QUOTE]
A few or many have been saying this all along including the Testers but MS response to that was they were stupid and didn’t know what they were talking about. That right there told everyone they could care less of what would help to make it sell but rather RAM-rod down users throat instead. This was all about Selling Windows Apps Store not about giving a Higher User experience in return. And now problems with hardware that can’t handle Windows 10 is becoming apparent to alot of people - hardware and software aren’t talking on the same levels.