For Sale: External Toshiba SDR-6472 Dual Layer DVD±RW Writer

Equipped with latest Firmware of slimline models, TU51 and TR51, for improved media compatibility.

When you choose a DVD-RW drive, turn to the undisputed leader in DVD: Toshiba. Toshiba leads the DVD revolution as one of the developers of the format, and since then the company has continued to develop products that lead the industry in reliability and performance. Toshiba’s SD-6472 DVD Rewritable Drive is the drive of choice for consumers that want the fastest access to hundreds of multimedia, gaming, reference and educational titles on DVD. Plus, the drive is backward compatible with all CD media, so consumers can continue to enjoy their existing CD-ROM, CD-audio, CD-R and CD-RW libraries.

Specifications:

Type of Drive: DVD±RW Dual Layer Combination Drive
Access Time: 105 ms
Chassis Color: Black
Interface: USB 1.1/2.0
Internal/External: External
Load Type: Tray
System Type: PC
Transfer Rate: 33.3 MBytes/sec
CD Rewrite Speed: 10 X (CD,CD-R)
CD Write Speed: 24 X (CD,CD-R)
CD-ROM Read Speed: 24 X (CD,CD-R)
DVD+R DL Speed: 2.4 X (DVD, DVD-R)
DVD+R Speed: 8 X (DVD, DVD-R)
DVD+RW Speed: 4 X (DVD, DVD-R)
DVD-R Speed: 8 X (DVD, DVD-R)
DVD-ROM Read Speed: 8 X (DVD, DVD-R)
DVD-RW Speed: 4 X (DVD, DVD-R)
Cache Size: 2 MB

No Personnel Sales I Am Afraid. Please See Management For A Advertising Price List.

Hi!
Could anybody tel me if this drive is compatible with a Toshiba Satellite 2450 notebook.
Thanks.

If the laptop has a USB port, yes.

Yes, if you know how to remove your optical drive from your satellite 2450, i’m selling internal too, thanks.

What exactly is the difference between TR51 and TU51? Can I update TR51 to TU51 and vice versa?

bump please…trying to see if one of the firmwares makes it read more media than the other

Okay, since this is for a personal sale I am going to close this thread. The original post can contact us if he wants to do this the proper way.