For Gaming - XP Home or XP Pro - Which is Best / Faster / More Efficient?

vbimport

I would like to ask: For Gaming, which would be faster or more efficient to play - Windows XP Home or Windows XP Pro?

XP Home has less features installed, like web server, domain connect and such I believe - Correct?

Which would have less overhead? Would there be any difference at all from the Pro or the Home?

Thank you for helping

Not much difference but you have more control of XP in Pro version though that you wouldn’t otherwise get in using Home. Don’t know much about overheard but for money worth and time Pro would still favor over Home.

Performance wise there is no real difference between the two.
Windows XP Home Edition can only use 1 processor but can use 2 cores in 1 processor.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2477614]Performance wise there is no real difference between the two.
Windows XP Home Edition can only use 1 processor but can use 2 cores in 1 processor.[/QUOTE]

Late in the game but I did notice that in my quad core it did recognize the four cores in XP pro sp3 as well. Although I did read somewhere they said that Win7 was better a multicore usage and beyond so if your thinking of more cores that might be something to consider as well.