For Fengtao or Ting

Could you please tell me why I can’t copy a copy that was made with your program. When it was made, it said it was successful. It may have been with the earlier versions, like when it was DVDFab Express. Now it’s a hit or miss. You get failed. Why can’t it read and write it’s own copy.

Thanks.

Backed-up movies aren’t always able to be backed up themselves. When they won’t it means it is a bad burn, which this does not mean it will not play correctly. To ensure that your backup will be able to be backed-up again I always open the dvd up in dvd shrink to make sure it can read it (which takes less than a minute). This method for me has never let me down.

I’m no expert on this and am quite new here so please don’t take this the wrong way… but i thought one of the principles of being able to backup your own DVD’s was for a personal use type of thing, i.e. if you’ve bought a DVD and want to make a personal copy then that’s what this tool is for about.

I’m sure there’s a bigger argument about this and the ‘industry’ as a whole would say this is not the case, etc…, etc… but surely it’s not about lot’s and lot’s of copies – OK i may have mis-understood what your saying about copy’ing a copy but if you have the original and the copy why another ?

I guess if you do want to do this there are other ways too (so maybe shooting the above arguement), e.g. use something like Nero to copy the copy — this let’s you do one for one copies of un-protected discs etc…

Not trying to play devils advocate of anything but I’d rather use the tools around and DVDFab is excellent in a responsabile way without providing further fuel to the fire of people ripping stuff off ?

Hope that makes sense and as I say, please don’t take the wrong way…

Cheers,

Asbac

Just because camper913 wants to make a copy of his/her copy does NOT mean they are doing something illegal with it such as selling more copies or copying rented dvd,which is highly illegal and not accepted talk here. The op could of simply backed up there copy of their movie and then their original copy may have been damaged such as a child getting a hold of it. So the op may simply just not want to stake losing there own personal copy of their dvd.

As I stated before not all copies can be backed-up again as you do get bad burns and also as i stated before does NOT mean it will not play correctly on a stand alone dvd player.

No, not doing any illegal copying or selling. I’m like the rest of the program owners that are trying out the program to see if it will do what it’s for. There could come a time when one of you may have to use this method one day and then find out it will not work.

Also i forgot to mention you can try to use isobuster to copy those back-ups that won’t back-up.

Hello camper, have you by any chance run the back up through Nero’s CD-DVD Speed ? It could tell you a aweful lot about the back up you want to back up. Also, make sure the back up is squeaky clean. Actually, when does the back up process fail? You never gave much info on the actual problem. More info is diffenently better. We can’t help you if all you give us is ,’‘it failed’’. Tell us about your system,the kind of media you are using, how you are set up in common settings. And [ my 2 cents worth, it’s a lot faster backing up the back up, no encryption to break]. ~ Mike

astone2665
This Nero’s CD-DVD Speed program, is it free and is a standalone? I used some cheap media on a lot of them. I have a home made computer. What does not make sense is while the program is copying the movie to the hard drive for the burn, I get burned failed. Other times I get Abort, Retry, Ignore. Other times all is fine.
Thanks to all for help.

Try using better media like Verbatim and burning at a slower speed 4x-8x.

Hi camper. Yes Nero’s CD-DVD Speed IS free and a stand alone program. You can find it at www.majorgeeks.com or just google it. Also I agree with Metrock, get good media. It always pays in the long run. Also you might want to see if you have the latest updated firmware to your DVD burner. And just for good maintence, do a disk defrag. And again, make sure the source disk and target disk are clean. Also just for grins and giggles click on the reset DMA button in common settings and then go into device manager and check to make sure it’s set right. ~ Mike

@camper913 What DVD burner (brand/model) are you using?

I,ve had perfectly good burns go bad after as little as 6 months and become unreadable. A lot of it had to do with the media degrading. Different media degrades faster than others. Stay away from crap media. Check your burns every so often with CD Speed. If you keep copies of your burn results you can revert back to them to see at what rate they are degrading. The better the original burn, the longer they will last. :wink:
@Rolling, “Hi”! :bigsmile:

Hi camper913,

Could you please tell us the version of DVDFab Express?

Or, please send us all the .IFO files on Original disc, then we will check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

For astone2665,
I have cd-dvd speed loaded, now which test do I run and what am I looking for? Lots of goodies on this program.
Thanks