For All Those Owners Of A Dvp642 With A Flashing Standby Light

vbimport

sorry for the all caps but i found a solution to the flashing red standby light and otherwise dead dvd/divx player.
if you have one of these players and would like instructions on how to check it and see if it is fixable please email me at technology_motors@hotmail.com.
or if you like i can do a repair for you. either way philips support will never get another cent from me.
you can also yahoo or msn me
big_bad_wolf_0u812@yahoo.com
or
technology_motors@hotmail.com
i hope this helps
philips phillips dvp642 flashing red stand-by light.

the flashing red light is caused by a burst or bulging capacitor on the power supply side of the dvp642’s mainboard.
to fix it simply dis-assemble the unit removing the mainboard totally from the casing. search for the bad capacitor on the main board. once you have found it simply turn the board over and using a soldering iron and some desolder twine desolder the capacitor from the board being careful not to burn the circuit board or lift any traces.once you have removed the old capacitor take it and purchase a replacement from radioshack or equivalent store. make sure the replacement has the exact same voltage rating and AT LEAST THE SAME AMPERAGE higher is ok lower will not work.but the voltage must be exactly the same. resolder the new capacitor to the mainboard and reassemble and viola your up and running again.
i sure hope this helps if not you can contact me at my emails above and i will respond

I know this is an old post but I just had this problem this weekend and followed the suggestion above to replace the 10v 1000uf capacitor that was indeed bulging and it did fix the problem. Thanks!

Hi, i have a quick question regarding the blinking light on DVP642. I did replace a C316 capacitor, and it did fix the problem, however 3 days later same thing started happening again. Is it possible that another capacitor could be leaking? Or could it simply be that i didn’t solder the new capacitor back properly?

[QUOTE=technology_motors;1554699]the flashing red light is caused by a burst or bulging capacitor on the power supply side of the dvp642’s mainboard.
to fix it simply dis-assemble the unit removing the mainboard totally from the casing. search for the bad capacitor on the main board. once you have found it simply turn the board over and using a soldering iron and some desolder twine desolder the capacitor from the board being careful not to burn the circuit board or lift any traces.once you have removed the old capacitor take it and purchase a replacement from radioshack or equivalent store. make sure the replacement has the exact same voltage rating and AT LEAST THE SAME AMPERAGE higher is ok lower will not work.but the voltage must be exactly the same. resolder the new capacitor to the mainboard and reassemble and viola your up and running again.
i sure hope this helps if not you can contact me at my emails above and i will respond[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=amashik;2675178]Hi, i have a quick question regarding the blinking light on DVP642. I did replace a C316 capacitor, and it did fix the problem, however 3 days later same thing started happening again. Is it possible that another capacitor could be leaking? Or could it simply be that i didn’t solder the new capacitor back properly?[/QUOTE]
Its been 7 years since the poster you are asking a question of has been here. If I could help you I would but I know nothing of this subject. :wink: