For all CDmate users, C/DVDmate is out!

On http://www.copystar.com.tw in the download section I found that there is new version of CDmate and it is called now C/DVDmate.
So for all CDmate users I would say try it out!!!
:bigsmile:

unfortunatly its not for current registered users as my cd mate registration key doesnt work on this version…very dissapointing.:frowning:

it looks like its just a oem update…ie you have to buy one of thier duplicators…cdmate.com has no such update.

My registration number for CDmate works in DVDmate
So I am the lucky one!

Originally posted by GrrRon

I found that there is new version of CDmate and it is called now C/DVDmate.
So for all CDmate users I would say try it out!!!

The site’s up and running again. It was down last time I checked it.

The weird thing is that the so called update I’ve downloaded, which is v. 2.3.7 b.2,
is in fact older than my current version, i.e. 2.5.4 b.17.

All the CD Mate updates there are from last year and older.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

www.copystar.com.tw/Php/Main.php3?Function=DOWNLOAD

your right its very old…this post has no merit…use the one from cdmate.com thats that last version made. and beside cdmate cant do what bw or clonecd can do.

the last update was done in April of this year it brought it up to version 2.5.4.17check here I hope this help you. CD-Mate can do everything CloneCD can do up until the latest release of CloneCD, not including patching with twinpeaks.

and beside cdmate cant do what bw or clonecd can do.
Yes and no, this does have the ability to premaster (not refering to copytodvd) and has an mp3 encoder. So it has a few things they don’t, but it cannot copy the current versions of SecuRom and SafeDisc.

Originally posted by kamikazee

the last update was done in April of this year it brought it up to version 2.5.4.17
That’s exactly what I say and what I have had since 030417.

CD Mate > Tools > Online Update.

April of this year is the last update, not last year. But no biggie it’s just cd-mate, who uses it anymore anyway?

April of this year is the last update, not last year
Please read my former post carefully !!! I only meant this particular link and nothing else.
I REPEAT - I do know what the current version is, 'coz I have it.

Originally posted by BoSkin

www.copystar.com.tw/Php/Main.php3?Function=DOWNLOAD

[B]

Yes and no, this does have the ability to premaster (not refering to copytodvd) and has an mp3 encoder. So it has a few things they don’t, but it cannot copy the current versions of SecuRom and SafeDisc. [/B]

yes thats true i still use it to copy easy protection and to create data disks etc. but i was referring to the ability to copy the latest securerom and safedisk protections its a little dated…would love to see a new version the company still looks to be in business…

And I just wanted to point out the version of DVDmate which you can download from here http://www.copystar.com.tw/software_update/index.htm

Don’t try simulate when burning a DVD-r because it is a real burn.

Originally posted by GrrRon
[B]And I just wanted to point out the version of DVDmate which you can download from here http://www.copystar.com.tw/software_update/index.htm

Don’t try simulate when burning a DVD-r because it is a real burn. [/B]

that is a old link for cd mate go here if you want the latest:

http://www.cd-mate.com/downloads.php

and thier site is down alot so be patient.

but dvdmate is another product and i see that it is out there. i havent tried it yet does it do transcoding?

but the strange thing about that link that he gave is that it doesnt say any upgrades are out there when you use that program and autoupdate, and second even though it says 2.3.7 (build 2) its date is 1993? very confusing only thing i can think of as it said before i downloaded it is that it was for oem products only (ie duplicators that copystar makes).

CD Mate Update Patch - History

The DVD-Mate download is 2.5.11.28 which would give a natural progression to the CD-Mate numbering. Hence, why it is called C/DVD-Mate. It is long in the tooth but I still find it excellent for burning bin files and as a cheap alternative to Nero.

My key from CD-mate doesn’t work and so I will be sticking with the older version.

Update. My key did work after a reboot. It has all the old functionality of CD-Mate with a significantly improved interface and DVD burning capability. Definately worth a try-out.