Fooling my DVD player

vbimport

does anyone know how to fool a dvd player into thinking a copied dvd is an original real one??? and how does it recognise it is anyway? and why are copied dvd’s purple on the back and real ones white?? oh and please explain to me like im an idiot because im new to this game guys, thanks :bigsmile:

Well, no fooling necessary. Any recent decent-quality DVD player should be able to read DVDs you burned (copied) without problems. You would need to use DVD+R or DVD-R discs. You may find some older players may not recognize DVD-R discs…

As far as the colors. Do not worry. Commercial Hollywood-type movies are “white” (as you call it) because they are factory pressed-- not burned in the way we do it. The discs you see are purple simply because that’s the reflection of the dye color.

Carlreed, I think I found your problem. From reading your earlier posts (where you asked this same question a few times), you say you can only burn onto DVD-R discs. In another thread, you said your Dad’s DVD player cannot read the discs you burned, but they play fine on yours. I feel VERY confident that your Dad has a very old DVD player. Maybe Toshiba brand?

Many stand alone DVD players that came out 4+ years WILL NOT read DVD-R media…only DVD+R media (due to bitsetting of the booktype…but you probably don’t need to know the behind-the-scenes reason).

I’m thinking your solution involves you doing one of two things. Either:[ul][li]Get a DVD burner that allows you to burn DVD+R discs, or
[/li][li]Go get a new DVD player for your Dad.[/ul]
[/li]Enjoy.

Or better both!

The reasoning here is simple, bitset disks lie!!! Thats a good thing though. Dvd-r has been around longer, and that is the only reason it was considered more compatible. The disk said, I’m a dvd-r, the player said, I can play dvd-r, let me try to read you. You had to have a newer player for +r, and if you did, it would do the same. When you bitset a dvd+r, it does not identify itself as a +r. It identifys itself as a dvd-rom (it lies).
Every dvd player made reads dvd-rom disks (or they wouldn’t be dvd player). It is possible that even if it tries, it cannot read the disk, but with a bitset +r, it sees it as a normal pressed dvd-rom, and at leat tries to read it. that’s why bitset+r is the most compatible.

If the player checks the [B]disctype[/B], you can do nothing besides buying a new standalone.