Flusing Buffers; Writing Borders - Program Hangs

For some reason Clone DVD getst to the very end of the burning process (100%), then when you see “flushing buffers; writing borders” the program hangs. It hangs my entire computer up. I have to reboot.

My other DVD burning programs work so something is conflicting with Clone DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or try? Thank you for your help.

By the way, I used ENDITALL to see what things were running and here they are. If you think any should be closed or eliminated, please let me know.

see attached file 1.png for snapshot from ENDITALL.

Bryan Bloom

@ bryanbloom,

Welcome to the Forum.

Suggest viewing the Forum Rules (http://club.cdfreaks.com/announcement.php?f=74&announcementid=37). In viewing the Forum Rules you should note that the Forum does not allow “Crossing Posting”. (“Clone DVD hangs at 100% - PLEASE HELP” and “Flusing Buffers; Writing Borders - Program Hangs”)

It has been posted numerous times throughout the both the CloneDVD an/or AnyDVD Forums to ensure that all background activities are curtailed during the copying of Commercial DVD Movie Titles process. Curtailing all background activities includes any Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall, Packet Writing, and/or Instant Messenger programs. The “SnapShot” you provided indicates that you have Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall, Packet Writing, and/or Instant Messenger programs running in the background which can cause your CloneDVD “Program Hangs” problem.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I had all these things running on my old computer and the program worked fine. I have read multiple posts on this subject and never seem to understand what the “fix” is. There are many of us having the exact same problem. All the other DVD cloning software programs I have work fine. The problem is I don’t like them as much.

Is there one background activity you would suspect is the culprit for CloneDVD?

Thanks.

NAV and Drag to disk are both known to be problematic.

It is now fixed. It was the HP 640 DVD drive. Now the program works flawlessly. I noticed that others that shared my problem shared my DVD drive as well. All is fixed with no software changes.

thanks.

so what did you do to rectify the problem, i have hp640b writer and i am experiencing same probs with clonedvd.

it would be much appreciated

regards