Fluenz Mandarin 1+2 - SafeDisc 4.85

I purchased a copy of Fluenz Mandarin 1+2 language learning DVD, but would like to run it from an image on my MSI Wind NetBook, since it does not have a built-in DVD drive. Of course, I can run it from an external USB DVD drive, but that’s not convenient when on the go.

So, I purchased Daemon Tools Pro Advanced, made an mdf/mds image with SafeDisc profile enabled, mounted the image on a Daemon Tools virtual IDE drive (no virtual SCSI and no physical CD/DVD drives present), but got the following error, “Please insert the correct DVD-ROM”.

Any ideas how to get around the Safedisc 4.85 copy protection? I would be most appreciative if someone could help me solve this annoying problem.

you must disable the ide controller connected to your physical cd drive, and reboot, then mount the image, it will be OK.
For the latest f2 release you dont have to do this, but if you still want to use a disk image of f2, the virtual drive has to be the first letter, eg I had to change my physical drive to E and my virtual to D, otherwise it can’t find some of the files it needs when it is running.