Flip Mino HD Software problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Flip Mino HD. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi
I am new to this form as it was recommended to me that if anyone can help me it will be you guys…
I am on my 3rd Flip Mino HD camera and can not use the edit functions in the software…I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 15 times so far and continue to get errors as soon as I click on any edit function…the “level 3” tech dept says that they can not find a solution to my problem…they tried for 24 hrs!!!

Here is my System Info and some of the errors I get:

Windows XP
Service pack 3
Pentium 4 CPU 2.8 GHz 279 GHz 2Gig Ram

Error code: 0, 13

An unexpected error occurred. If this occurs again, please contact technical support.

Failed on call to GetDuration, HR = -2147467259

Thread info:

Error code: 0, 15

An unexpected error occurred. If this occurs again, please contact technical support.

Failed on call to SetPositions in setStart, HR = -2147024809

Thread info:

Error code: 6, 5

setting filename in MediaDet, filename = C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Videos\FlipShare Data\Videos\VID00031.jpg, hr = -2147220992

Error code 5,12

I am unable to copy and paste this error code as this error code freezes the Flip program…I also have gotten other error codes as well…6,8…etc…

I hope that this info is of some help to you…and I hope that you are able to assist me with this as the “tech” department is not able to.

It seems like the first camera had a corrupt file that embedded itself on my hard drive and reappears as I reinstall the flip program…is that possible?? I am on my 3rd camera and each has the exact same problems with the software…

I ran DX Diagnostic and all was OK except that the AGP Texture Accelerator was not available…

I have a Dell Dimension 3100 and all drivers have been updated.

I am not that computer literate .:p…please take that into consideration when answering…lol…

Any help will be greatly appreciated…:bow:

No one has any suggestions??? :rolleyes::confused::confused:

I came across the same problem on a clients machine. It took a lot of looking but the problem turned out to be errors with the codex for some of the sound components that created a conflict. Any easy way to check this is to right click on the sound icon in you task bar and select sound, windows will hopefully notice the problem with your sound devices and ask you if you’d like to disable them. just take note of what you disabling and then look for updates.