Flight Simulator 2004

i disabled the 2 virtual drives from who knows what program, enabled alcohols virtual drive and was able to mount the image.
it works!!! eureka, and thank you very much.
still may need a different burner to make a hard copy archive but this has been very educational.
cheers
andy:)

hey guys i just came across this thread as i was having a real hard time trying to back up the flight sim 2004 disk 4. It seems some of you have had some success, but i’m in the dark. i’m trying to use alcohol 120%, but getting nothing but read errors. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me some simplified instructions on what exactly i have to do to back up this freaking disk!!!

cheers
joe

so i found the thread with the instructions for how to backup Safe Disk 2.9 on Raven shield and followed the instructions it gave for alcohol 120% with some success. What i ended up with was a disk that i could use to install the game, but not to play it. i installed the original disks on my desktop and then used the backups to install the game on my laptop as a way to test them. the game installed perfectly, but i still can’t use the backed up disk 4 to play on my desktop! my system is a bit older and i don’t have one of the sd2 killers that are listed, does this mean that it will be impossible for me to back this disk up? If the disk worked to install and play on my laptop, why not on the desk top? I used alcohol to create and burn the image, would it make any difference if i used another program like nero to burn the image i created in alcohol? I just downloaded the trial version of alcohol to see if this worked before i decide to buy it so that’s the version i used. Anybody got any ideas?

cheers
joe

oh yeah, one more thing, do you guys think it would be smart to wait a while before buying a new burner, say until the sd3s came out?

Are you playing the backup from a burner … ? If so, you should search this site for “ATIP” :wink:

That did not work for me!

Originally posted by sasha79
That did not work for me!
What did not work?

Well, Lucky me I guess. I got Flight Sim 2004 to work first pass without burning any cd’s.

Here is what I did:

1. I used BlindRead 4.5.7.49 to Dump the Disc image into a directory. I dumped using ISO mode. The only setting I checked was “Extract sub-codes f your reader allows it”. I dumped using “Multiple Gaps” reading.
  2. Once all 4 Discs were Dumped to my hard drive, I used "Virtual Daemon Manager 3.4.1 to mount the Image onto Drive I.

Please Note…Virtual Daemon can read .BWT files and I used that File for each Disc to mount the disc. I did not mount the .iso image itself, only the corresponding .BWT file.

So for each Disc, I mounted Them one by one and installed FS2004. You have to mount them one after the other on the same drive letter.

Now I have to admit when I went to mount Disc4 .BWT, It mounted ok, but FS2004 acted as if it didnt see it. I then went and got some ice cream with M&M’s Remounted the .BWT and it worked. I completed the install, then I played the Game for a little while using my mounted .BWT file.

Thats about it, I guess I was lucky. I am not sure what I am going to do to actually backup the game now, maybe RAR the BWT and iso image into a data file and burn that, then when I want to play on a future computer I buy, I will just copy that RAR file to the new PC. I may for the heck of it try to burn the .BWT image using BlindWrite, but my $9.99 48x cd-rw only supports SAO cooked mode.

Good luck to all ad I hope you have a killer graphics card cause my 32Meg Ati card is only getting 6FPS, but I am using a 21" Sony Trinitron monitor.
:cool:

so we have to have the M&M ice cream to make it work? :bigsmile:

System Specs:

Windows XP CORP SP1

P4 1.6Ghz 640MB SDRAM

Vendor Identification: PACIFIC DIGITAL 52x (MACH 52) CDWRITER
Product Identification: IDE5224
Production Revision Level: 000O
Host/Target Number: 1/0
Support recording method: DAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO+SUB, RAW DAO(96)
BURN-Free Technology: Super-Link
Auto-Select best write speed: Not Supported
-* Note: This information below is provided by the unit, it might be inaccurate. -
-
This software does not use this information! *-
Removable media: Yes
Version: ATAPI (INF-8090i/INF-8020i/INF-8028i)
Response Data Format: 01H
CD-R Read/Write: Yes/Yes
CD-RW Read/Write: Yes/Yes
Read CD-R Fixed Packet: Yes
Test Write: Yes
DVD-ROM Read: No
DVD-R Read/Write: No/No
DVD-RAM Read/Write: No/No
Audio Play: Yes
Composite Audio and Video Data Stream: No
Digital output (IEC958) on port 1 Supported: No
Digital output (IEC958) on port 2 Supported: No
Mode 1 Form 2: Yes
Mode 2 Form 2: Yes
Multi-Session: Yes
BUF: Yes
CD-DA Commands supported: Yes
CD-DA Stream is Accurate: Yes
R-W Supported: No
R-W De-interleaved and Corrected: No
C2 Pointers Support: Yes
ISRC Supported: Yes
UPC Supported: Yes
Read Bar Code: No
Lock media into the drive: Yes
Currently drive Lock state: Unlocked
Prevent Jumper: No
Eject Command: Yes
Separate volume levels: Yes
Separate channel mute: Yes
Changer Supports Disc Present: No
Software slot selection: No
Side change capable: No
P through W in Lead-In: Yes
Maximum Read Speed Supported (with current disc): 52X (7800 KB/Sec)
Maximum Write Speed Supported (with current Disc): 52X (7800 KB/Sec)
Current Read Speed Supported (with current Disc): 52X (7800 KB/Sec)
Current Write Speed Supported (with current Disc): 52X (7800 KB/Sec)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HOW I DID IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Software Used:

Alcohol 120% Ver. 1.4.3.519

Making Image File Settings:

Reading Mode:

General (Standard ISO Mode) - Ignore Reading Errors (Skip reading errors)

Writing Mode:

Write Method: RAW SAO + SUB

Check Selection Box For Rectify Sub-Channel Data

THE SETTINGS ARE QUITE CONTRADICTING I KNOW BUT THEY WORK FOR ME!!!

I have burned two disc 4’s so far with Alcohol and they both work fine. I burned 1 ISO image with above settings created with Win-Iso. It was my first attempt at disc 4 which would crash the prog at load, But now it worked fine.And one from the ISO image created with above settings in Alcohol.So I think its something about the +SUB and Rectify Sub Ch. Data setting when burning with Alcohol that did not perform when I burned the first ISO image created with Win-Iso using an older 5.xxxx Ver. of Nero…???

Make sure your version of Alcohol120% is 1.4.3.519 or Above So it is able to read SafeDisc Ver. 2.90.40 … v–GET IT–v

h**p://down.9down.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=7&ttitle=Alcohol_120%_1.4.3.519_With_Serials

peAce rEsi-N8
:wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

Originally posted by rESIN8
[B]System Specs:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HOW I DID IT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Software Used:

Alcohol 120% Ver. 1.4.3.519

Making Image File Settings:

Reading Mode:

General (Standard ISO Mode) - Ignore Reading Errors (Skip reading errors)

Writing Mode:

Write Method: RAW SAO + SUB

Check Selection Box For Rectify Sub-Channel Data

THE SETTINGS ARE QUITE CONTRADICTING I KNOW BUT THEY WORK FOR ME!!!

I have burned two disc 4’s so far with Alcohol and they both work fine. I burned 1 ISO image with above settings created with Win-Iso. It was my first attempt at disc 4 which would crash the prog at load, But now it worked fine.And one from the ISO image created with above settings in Alcohol.So I think its something about the +SUB and Rectify Sub Ch. Data setting when burning with Alcohol that did not perform when I burned the first ISO image created with Win-Iso using an older 5.xxxx Ver. of Nero…???

Make sure your version of Alcohol120% is 1.4.3.519 or Above So it is able to read SafeDisc Ver. 2.90.40 … v–GET IT–v

[/B]

Thank you for posting this. It worked for me as well, first time around.
I downloaded the newest Alcohol 120 trial (1_4_7_1005.exe), installed it under Win98SE.
Burner: Lite-On 52246S

I followed the above instructions, using the create image wizard. I read disk 4 at max speed.
I burned the image at 52x using the RAW DAO settings.

Popped the disk in and FS2004 launched without a hitch.
To fully test the disk, I installed FS2004 under WinXP pro, using my disk 4 backup. Installed ok, loaded ok, ran ok…

Now I can put my originals up for safe keeping. Thanks a bunch for sharing this…

Mag…

Your very welcome:)

peAce<>resin8

Is it normal that I get a series of “Disc read error at:” when trying to copy Disc 4 at the beginning?

Since the protection used is safedisc, yes (there will be numerous bad sectors between ~sector 800 and ~sector 10,500).

The best way to copy Flight Simulator 2004 is using the latest version of CloneCD! I have used CloneCD 4.3.1.9 and it made my life easier now! It can be downloaded here:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

Good luck!

does anyone know where my post is?

Originally posted by MeGaMASTER
[B]The best way to copy Flight Simulator 2004 is using the latest version of CloneCD! I have used CloneCD 4.3.1.9 and it made my life easier now! It can be downloaded here:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

Good luck! [/B]

If you use CloneCD all you end up with is coasters.:sad:

GameCopy is a software, it works everytime…

Manaba,

It really depends on your computer, your reader, your current software, your burner etc.

Isn’t this a thread for the Copy Protection Forum? :confused:

hey can some one pls help me out, im trying to burn a copy of flight sim for my friend, i used clone cd and also tried alcohol. it seems like everything works.

i gave it to my friend and he installed it, but when it came time to palying it, he inserted the 4th cd. and for some reason it doesnt read it or want to play.

thanks