Flight Simulator 2004

vbimport

Anybody know what copy protection fs2004 uses? There are 4 discs. Clony XXL reports unknown protection.

Thanks,
Mario64

Generally, Microsoft uses safedisc protection for their games. So I would guess that this game uses safedisc 2.90.040.

Thanks for the info. Is there a tool out there that can correctly identify Safedisc 2.9 for verification purposes?

Mario64

Safedisc Analyzer

Thanks Andareed.

For those interested, and this is according to YaPS, only disc 1 is protected and it uses Safedisc 2.90.040.

Mario64

Welp…I just created a great back up of Fight Sim 2004. love it when things work out(course it cost me about 8 coasters)

Anyway, there is no protection on the first 3 disks. You can use about any program to rip and burn. The 4th is a little tricky, and about 6 hours later I sorted it out.

Im runnin XP pro with service pak1 and all updates from microsoft
the burner was a lity 48126s 48 12 48…which is not listed any where as a capable read and writer, but I’ve copied all versions of safe disk with it. Mohaa…Spearhead… Battle field etc…

Clony XXL reads disk 4 as SDV2…I suspect it is the new 2.9. I used clone cd at first but thats what made all the coasters. It was the newest version too :frowning:

I switched to Blindwrite suite…which for the reader is Version 4.5.4.45 and writer is 4.5.4.84. I used SAO cooked to write and max speed. BAM! I installed the game and run it with no emulation, or hide CDR media.

On my test puter whick runs XP home and uses a 10 buck mediastor, the first 3 disks of course installed with no emulation, but disk 4 hung, so I had to emulate safedisk on that PC.

Dang proud of mu lite-on doeas a great job. Cheers

Originally posted by BBC_Cricket
[B]I switched to Blindwrite suite…which for the reader is Version 4.5.4.45 and writer is 4.5.4.84. I used SAO cooked to write and max speed. BAM! I installed the game and run it with no emulation, or hide CDR media.

On my test puter whick runs XP home and uses a 10 buck mediastor, the first 3 disks of course installed with no emulation, but disk 4 hung, so I had to emulate safedisk on that PC.[/B]

If you choose dao pw as your burning mode rather than sao cooked, you shouldn’t need to emulate. :wink:

You know Blind Suite told me to do that in the recomendations, but of course I ignored it LOL. Thank you for the reply.

Just curious about your nick… BBC Cricket… in NEBRASKA?
Probably the last place you’d see people playing cricket :bigsmile:

BBC stands for Bad Boyz Club. We are a squad in Fighter Ace 3.6. One of the top teams in the game. Lots of fun if you like WW2 Flight combat.

So it really doesn’t have anything to do with Britain or the game Cricket. LOL. bbc-club.com

:confused:
so i’m still trying to copy disk 4. i’ve tried gamejack, cdclone and now blindwrite and nothing but coasters. in blindwrite i’ve tried RAO-PW and SAO cooked and they dont work when i install from that disk on another computer. does it only work on the same computer, is there an emulation mode i need? sorry if i’m a newbie and this is common knowledge.
thanks in advance
afw

What kind of burner do you have? Is it efm capable/how many sheep is it?

it’s a NEC dvd/cd burner the ND 1100A.
blindread says it supports subchannels Pw
what sheep?
thanks
afw

I used CCD 4.0.1 to image all 4 disks.
The install goes as sweet as you like.

But “Please insert CD” when i try to run the game??
So wouldnt a No CD.exe sort this out?

NOTE: Limited Sucess with CCD 4.0.1 ??

As i mentioned above 4 disk imaged and used to install Flight sim 2004.
But trying to run the game with the Image disk 4 my PC would Crash/re-boot. And recover with a “Send report error” “Driver conflict” IT WASNT…

But when i used the original disk 4 once to run the game i could use my image disk 4 all of the time no problems?
TEAC CD-W552E x52
xp-pro

But testing the above wouldnt work on a diffrent system?
Only mine?

I cant use Blind write 4.5.4 as ive read there having issues with TEAC CDRW’s. All CDR Drives disapeared? had to use system restore to get them back…

Alcohol 120% can not read the DMS correctly ?

So i’m wondering if at all there are any other alterniatives to backing up Disc 4?

Or does any one else think a NoCD.exe could get around this?
I enjoy the challenge too,
Just thinking ahead!

Thanks in advance…

A NoCD.exe is just a crack and the use of them is illegal.

As such, we do not advocate their use on this warez free forum. :cop:

Sorry I know Nocd exe’s are not the correct way forward…
But in the past ive found it a much easier way to have a back up of my purchased product.

I enjoy the challenge of making a legal personal copy, that works.

At the end of the day if i have the peice of mind that if my main disk fails i have a working copy.
As you all know a disc can be damaged any time…

Thanks in advance…

well, now i’ve tried alcohol 120% and it seems to struggle with the 4th disk which uses safedisk 2.9.0. Does anyone know how to archive copy disk number 4? i can sure use some help.
thanks
andy:rolleyes:

well i’m just going to buy a lite on burner. i’m getting tired of installing 4 disks just to see it fail. i’ve tried all the setting i can think of, got aws to work in cd clone, tried RMPS in alcohol 120%, tried extra emulation in 120% started the game then dumped that info into a read disk but it still hangs after a fresh install. tried autoplay setup from BW/BR and no go. i’ve checked to see if there’s a firmware upgrade for my NEC ND 1100A and there isnt. Alcohols new patch for other drives was for other nec drives since my was allready supported.
andy

I used CCD v4.0.1 to image all 4 disks.
Then Installed FLTSIM 4 from these disks…
Okay disc 4 fails when attempting to run the game.

So Alcohol120%
Imaged Disc 4 as a *.mdf file.
from the the original disc…
I couldnt install from a burned image disk 4 from alcohol as there were corrupt files?

So i have the *.mdf file on my hard drive and i use alcohol 120%
to mount the image…

Success it works every time?

Ive had a few game crashes but i put that to FLS 2004 has a few bugs in it…

TEAC x52 (CD-W552E)
My writer does not support Blind write :confused:

Good luck let us know your results.

well,
this looks like a very promising lead. i have the .mds file but trying to get alcohol 120% to mount it looks like that option is grayed out. now since i’ve tried every disk copy program recently i had 4 virtual drives from who knows where. i’ve turned cdclones virtual drive to 0, but i had tried blindread, gamejack, alcohol, so i still have 2 virtual drives i cant get rid of. i wonder if this has something to do with alcohol not being able to mounton device.
maybe aspi layer?
thanks for any help
andy