Flight Simulator 2002

vbimport

Hi.... I am trying to burn FS 2002. My backup cds worked well until the 3rd cd whih game me errors on installing! I searched the forums andd read the previous posts and followed instructions. However disc 3 didnt burn good i think. What am I doing wrong?
my burner is a I/O MagicWriter Thanks...

We NEED more information than that… What do you mean by “disc 3 didnt burn good i think”. You think? Please explain :wink: Check the disc with scandisc… Does the game use a protection? If so there might be intentional read errors and scandisc won’t work. You could also try to re-read the original disc 3 and make a new back-up.

I made a backup of this game some month ago. As far as I can remeber the game has Safedisc 1. Check with Clony and burn again. But I think because Disc 1 and 2 worked you should just burn Disc 3 again, like G@M3FR3@K said before.

F.P.

I have FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2002 PRO EDITION

I just burned Disc 3 again with the Clone CD 4 profiles you had G@meFre3@k. It still did the same thing, Errors. Unfortunately I have WIN95 on the computer I use and I can’t use Clony XXL. Is there any other program I can use or does anyone know the protection i uses? From what I have read in past posts the PRO edition has Safedisk 2. Thanks a lot…

You can try Yaps (Yet another protection scanner).
And goddam why do you still have Win95??? I suggest you to enter format c: and install Win2K.

F.P.

Try using SafeDisc Analyser since I suspect your game has the SafeDisc or SafeDisc 2 protection. You can download this little tool here. First try opening the EXE-file on your original disc. If it asks for an ICD file open this too. The SafeDisc version will be displayed. When this doesn’t work or if there’s no ICD file on your disc then try opening the EXE file on your hard disk.

You can also try examining the disc yourself:

SafeDisc has the following files on the disc:

CLOKSPL.exe
00000001.tmp
CLCD16.dll
CLCD32.dll

SecuRom has the following file on the disc:

CMS_NT.dll
CMS16.dll
CMS_95.dll

Any of these files on the disc? And also, what do you mean exactly by “It still did the same thing, Errors”. What kind of errors? Does the original disc work?

It’s safedisc 2.

I am only using Win95 for my old computer. My new sony has XP but it also has a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 103 and I don’t think it supports burning CD-R in DAO.

I didn’t try yet to look for the protection, but I am almost sure it is Safedisk 2. 1 and 2 cd worked. I installed from the 3rd and it said that it can’t find file ******.cab… The original cd works. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Thankks in advance!!!

Hello, i successfully back up the French Version of FS2, i used Nero, using write date uncorrected, and copy on the fly, my reader is a Pionner DVD 105F firmware hacked Firmware 1.22, i my burner is a Plextor Firmware 1.02 24X10X40X Nero 5.5.0.8

Originally posted by DoubleM94
I am only using Win95 for my old computer. I installed from the 3rd and it said that it can’t find file ******.cab…
Two things. There are upgraded IDE drivers available from MS for Win95 and burning is not as painful with them installed - I’ll find 'em for you. Two, the .cab file error points to a bad read or a bad write.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Two things. There are upgraded IDE drivers available from MS for Win95 and burning is not as painful with them installed - I’ll find 'em for you. Two, the .cab file error points to a bad read or a bad write.

Thanks for the reply FutureProof. Do you have any ideas what is causing these bad reads or writes? I used the same process for the 1st and 2nd disc and they seem to work fine:confused: :confused: … Do you think those IDE drivers will fix this?
Also do you think I would be able to burn it on a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-103.?? I don’t tink it suppors DAO_RAW… Thanks

Just wanted to bring this up again… I need to successfully back up this game quickly as I am leaving for vacation soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated…

IDE Driver Update for Win95

So what do I do after this? Try to burn the game again with the same settings??

Yes. Just use the default Game CD profile, AWS will be enabled. If this doesn’t work, then your Win95/IDE driver/ATAPI DMA combo is not compatible or AWS is not working with your burner.

If you’re serious about protecting your originals (and I’m not saying you aren’t) then consider a Liteon or ASUS. The ASUS 16x is dirt cheap as is the Litey 24102B :slight_smile:

btw, enjoy your vacation

As FutureProof Mentioned the Cab file errors are a result of a bad burn.

WHile we can not isolate this to be the cause of a single factor, you can try to do the following after you have upgraded your IDE controller and Chipset drivers as advised earlier.

• Try to slow your READ SPEED, provided you are using the burner or a good reader to start with.

• Try to SLOW DOWN you Write SPEED to something like 4X, I know it seems like a painful experience but it could be worth it in the long run.

What we are trying to do here is to make sure the data transfer from either units are as error free as they possibly can be.

Often reading or writing the CD at what we now precieve Normal ( Max speed ) with the latest drivers and the OS would not hold with the older OS and older prepheral drivers, This is where you have to compromise and that is to slow down the process.

• If you have not already try to resist the temptation of using non certified real cheap CDs as most often they can cause some problems such as what you have experirnced.

If you have not left for your holidays and have a time to try these I strongly urge you to try the above and see if you get a positive result from it.

Interesting Results. I burned it again with the new IDE drivers and set the read ans write speed to 2X!! I installed the game once again. It worked until it got to disc 3 again. But this time it was at a different spot. Before, the errors started when I was on 69% and this time it happended on 74%. So what I did, was, I put the first burned cd back in and hit retry, it worked. On 84% another error occured, so I put the second burned disc 3 in and it worked. So by going back and forth between two disc 3’s I was able to install the game from the back-up discs.

The only question is why doesn’t the cd just burn normally like the previous two?? And by the way, I successfully burned other games such as Train Simulator and Fifa 2002.!?!?

And does the Pioneer DVR 103 DVD-RW drive allow me to burn games??

Thanks a lot guys!!

Whether anyone likes it or not, Win95 is just a fancy front-end for DOS. Hardware management in DOS is just not clever and software control of hardware in this OS is even less clever.

As PaRaDoX confirmed, the errors are the result of bad media. With the amount of discs I go through (to ensure your burning pleasure!) it’s nothing to find a bad spindle of 50 (ouch!) or a bad box of ten. By nothing, I mean I’m not surprised anymore. Your bad discs are just that - bad.

Overall, you need to use quality, speed certified media, read at 8x, for a start, and write at the speed of your burner rather than “max”. 2x is a waste of your good time.

DVD Writers are only guaranteed to write DVDs. They need a completely different chipset/controller to CD-RW, but yes they can write CD-Rs as stated on some packaging. Whether they can defeat common protections, I think, is still speculation. I have covered a lot of forums in the past three weeks to seek out any successful DVD writers. Most of it is bullshite, especially the morons who say they can 1:1 a movie when you know the bloody thing is a dual-layer disc (hah!). Apart from defeating the CSS how do they burn both sides of the disc or the different layers using retail machines? They can’t. Sure you can rip to disk and then burn, but that’s no fun!

I don’t think there is a retail DVD burner, at the moment, that can punch at this weight, ie Content Scrambling System, SafeDisc 2, LaserLock or SecuROM new. I think if you put Desperados into a DVD player, you’d never get it out, LOL

I really don’t think it’s the media. I use and used Memorex all the time and the cd’s never let me down. I have a box of 50 and used cds from there to burn Train Simulator and Fifa 2002.

I understand it’s mainly b/c of Win95 but why did Train Simulator and the other games(same protection i think) (same company) work?

I still have a backup over 4 cds right now, but there is nothing like the feeling of an actual 1:1 burn…:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I think if you put Desperados into a DVD player, you’d never get it out, LOL

L

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Originally posted by DoubleM94

I understand it’s mainly b/c of Win95 but why did Train Simulator and the other games(same protection i think) (same company) work?

…dunno…probably the vagaries of Win95. I have Win95 on a PIII 350/DFI Intel 815E board and I got it working fine after a LOT of fiddling. I (test) burn with no daemons or other background processes running. Have a look in the Down & Dirty sticky and upgrade your chipset drivers, particularly if you have an Intel or VIA chipset. This could be the ‘go’!