Flat panel monitors for VGA PC

I bought a Samsung 2243SWX monitor and much to my chagrine it did not work. It would not recognize the analog signal since I have a VGA port only on my PC. So in regards to the CTX W2241G monitor, I wrote to a lot of people who reply “yes it has DVI as well” not the answer I was looking for. The general assumption seems that all LCD monitors will work with either which I now know not to be true. It would be great if I can find a 22" widescreen flat monitor for my PC that works with VGA 15 pin and any help would be fantastic.

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

You won’t be able to find any modern monitors with 15-pin VGA connections. You’ll need to buy a DVI-to-VGA adapter.

There are several different types of DVI, so you’ll need to get a cable that works with your monitor and translates analog to digital and vice versa.

[QUOTE=Annska;2446063]I bought a Samsung 2243SWX monitor and much to my chagrine it did not work. It would not recognize the analog signal since I have a VGA port only on my PC. So in regards to the CTX W2241G monitor, I wrote to a lot of people who reply “yes it has DVI as well” not the answer I was looking for. The general assumption seems that all LCD monitors will work with either which I now know not to be true. It would be great if I can find a 22" widescreen flat monitor for my PC that works with VGA 15 pin and any help would be fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Did you previous monitor work on your VGA port before?? Have you tried to attach this Samsung to another working computer with a VGA port to see if it works? Also what kinda of drivers and video chipset are you using would be useful to know cause a corrupt or bad driver could be the cause as well as loose or bad connections between computer to monitor?? My computer monitor is a Acer and has both DVI and VGA and but one limitation you can use one at a time as stated by the manufacture not both. I use currently the DVI on the LCD as my GPU is a GTX260 and only comes with both DVI and VGA adapter.