Flashing to v1.25 messes up drive letter

vbimport

when i first installed my 3520A,with stock firmware, i went to ‘My Computer’ and it showed up as DVD-RW (M: ). It was drive “M” and it was all good.

I flashed the drive to IO-DATA v1.25, went to ‘My Computer’ and it showed as “compactFlash (F: )”. The DVD Drive now has a Compactflash symbol instead of a DVD drive symbol. when i put media into the 3520, the media is shown as if it were in the compactflash slot. Also, instead of having one cocmpactflash drive, theres 2. One for the real compactflash and one for the 3520A.

when i flash back to stock firmware (1.04) it reverts back to normal. The 3520A is shown as a DVD-RW drive instead of a compactflash drive.

can someone help me change the DVD-RW drive to actually be a DVD-RW drive with modified firmware?..or have any ideas?

Go to Control Panel/ Administrative tools/Computer Management/Storage/Disk Management. Right click on offending drive and it will give you an option to change the drive letter back. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Uninstall the drive in device manager. Then reboot. You can also try flashing the drive with the new I-O data firmware. http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/NECND352_v322.zip

changed the drive letter and it works like a charm! Thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: