Flashing the Liteon LTR-24102

I have a liteon LTR-24102 that came with 5s54 firmware. Currently I have a hd which is set to primary master, a dvd drive which is set to secdondary master, and my liteon cdrw which is set to secondary slave. I have windows xp pro.

I got the newest 5s5a from liteon’s site and I tried to flash my cdrw from windows since the firmware upgrade from liteon’s site is a windows executable. I restarted and I once again had the same 5s54 firmware.

I tried flashing the firmware after disconnecting my dvd drive and connecting my liteon cdrw as secondary master and disabling ultradma and setting it to pio mode only. Firmware didn’t upgrade.

I tried flashing the firmware after disconnecting my dvd drive and connecting my liteon cdrw as secondary slave and disabling ultradma and setting it to pio only. Firmware didn’t upgrade.

I tried flashing the firmware after disconnecting my dvd drive and connecting my liteon cdrw as primary slave and disabling ultradma and setting it to pio only. Firmware didn’t upgrade.

WTF do I have to do to upgrade my firmware?

Please help I dumb dirty unwashed newb. :confused: :bow:

one word for you :slight_smile:

MTKFLASH

use this to flash your lite-on drive from dos.

just make a windows 98/me startup disk and boot to dos with minimal boot and then put in tha floppy with this program on it then flash it from there.

there are intructions of how to use MTKFLASH on these forums, just check around and you will find it. also u need to either download tha 5s5a.bin firmware file or download it from these forums here

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42502

@Overon

when in DOS just type as follows :

mtkflash 4 w /b 5s5a.bin

4 - stands for Secondary Slave

and don’t forget about :

1. typing the right spaces

2. getting the 5S5A.bin

Good luck ! :wink:

BoSkin isn’t “3” secondary master?

To flash a drive:

MTKFLASH “x” W /B filename.bin

Where “x” is a number from 1 to 4:

1: Primary master
2: Primary slave
3: Secondary master
4: Secondary slave

W is to write a firmware to the flashrom.
/B is to tell the program that the input file is a binary file.
filename.bin is just an example. Write the name of your firmware file here.

My LTR-24102B is on secondary slave so shouldn’t it be
mtkflash 4 W /B 5s5a.bin?

Also can I have mtfkflash program and the .bin on a fat32 hd and flash from it in pure dos mode?

Also can I have mtfkflash program and the .bin on a fat32 hd and flash from it in pure dos mode?

yes, works very well, much quicker.

Originally posted by Overon

My LTR-24102B is on secondary slave so shouldn’t it be
mtkflash 4 W /B 5s5a.bin?

Oops ! I’m sorry, morning glory.

You’re right. Guess I was just thinking of my drive which is on SM