Flashing Sony CRX 210E1 Help

Hi,

I read that tread about flashing Sony to LiteOn, but I still have couple questions:confused:

Ok I have Sony CRX 210E1 (48x12x48)burner, and a lot of problems burning with it:(

My computer: AMD Athlon XP +1800 (1.54Ghz), Windows XP PRo, 512MB DDR, 40GB Hdd (primary master), 80GB Hdd (primary slave), MSI mother board, Sony CD-Drive 52x (secondary master), Sony 210E1 (48x12x48) (secondary slave).

My problem: Before I had Sony (24x10x42) or something like that burner witch worked perfect :cool: Then I bought 210E1, and then it all began:( When I burn a CD-R every third is not readible, or if it’s a movie, gives me (redundancy check error), and writes a CD about in 5.40 min. at 48x speed, when whit my older one I wrote Cd’s in 3.0 min at 24x speed. So firs I thought that the probles is software like nero tried all versions including the new one x.x.x.x17, tried CDmate, Burnatonce, same thing.

So now I think flashing the firmware may help. So someone please tell me with version of firmware I should use:confused:

And also I read somewhere, and shanged my DMA chanel for my CD-RW to PIO, should it be at Ultra DMA 2:confused:

Any help would do, I’am tired of waysting my blanks, they cost money;) And also tired of cheking every CD I burn it takes time, if it’s working and throuwing away every third or second CD.

P.S Also tried diferent brands of Cd-R!

first of all - reconnect the drive as secondary master.

use DMA & not PIO.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56503

use the 2S0D for best results.

use win xp (not win 98) for burning.

Thanks for advise, let you know what happend!:wink:

Other question for PPS111

Shud I flash with 2S0D from, MediaTECK Chipset 6 / Firmwares for LTR-48126S from this site www.liteon.notrix.net ?

And if so in the .txt file how to flash on the same site they saying:

Now make sure that the drive that you are going to read the firmware
from/write firmware to is connected to the main IDE controller and not
to a secondary IDE controller card. Also write down/remember how it’s connected.

Is that has to connected to primary IDE, this is where my HDD’s are connected:confused:

And maybe you know, just quries, Sony CD-RW are made by LiteON:rolleyes:

And I read yopur thread, did you figured out whith program to use (except) nerospeed for CD errors cheking?

And as I quess, you have the same Sony 210E1 as I have, and you flashed to 2S0D, if so at what recording speed you write your data (42x/32x:confused:) without errors.

Thanks for help!

Shud I flash with 2S0D from, MediaTECK Chipset 6 / Firmwares for LTR-48126S from this site www.liteon.notrix.net ?

yeah. or try http://kickme.to/sony210 if you want to preserve sony’s name.

Now make sure that the drive that you are going to read the firmware
from/write firmware to is connected to the main IDE controller and not
to a secondary IDE controller card. Also write down/remember how it’s connected.

Is that has to connected to primary IDE, this is where my HDD’s are connected

Its reads secondary IDE controller card not secondary controller. It means if you have some addon PCI IDE card or something like that. Nothing for us to worry about.

As for your case - no need to connect to primary - flashing will work even if connected as secondary master.

And as I quess, you have the same Sony 210E1 as I have, and you flashed to 2S0D, if so at what recording speed you write your data (42x/32x:confused without errors.

I dont have access to any media thats 48X certified. But currently I am using SONY 32X. It also worked on SAMSUNG 40X. I dont think you will have any problems writing at 48X.

And I read yopur thread, did you figured out whith program to use (except) nerospeed for CD errors cheking?

Not yet. Incase I get it - I will surely let you know by email.

Thanks,it’s good to get advice from person who did it already:)

At last, my nightmeres are over!

Flashed to LiteON, works like a charm :smiley:

Burns CD’s at x48 no errors, good speed, life is good :bigsmile:

Thanks for help