Flashing S183L in plain DOS

Somewhat off topic

Don’t know why you start talking about bios and DOS flashing :rolleyes: , but out of this I’ve a question for you and others. :wink:

What flasher to use updating a S183L drives firmware in pure DOS?

It was just in reference to flashing anything using an online update service. I guess it’s a language thang :stuck_out_tongue: You must have not read all the posts.

I’m not aware of one but heck what do i know :bigsmile:

Does anybody else know?
I’ve seen some old sfdn dos flasher while googling.

[I]Off topic[/I]

Yeah, the problem is more likely; not all posts are even worth to read… :bigsmile:

I have not had a problem with SFDNWIN 3.27.11 but if you find anything new and improved let me know please. I’ve flashed my S183L many many times testing for ala42.

:iagree:

This should be really discussed in a separate thread.

[I]Thread split[/I]

Concerning your question:
Apart from SFDNDOS, MTKFLASH or XSF might work. But this is unconfirmed and not supported at all.
Also you need a SATA controller that behaves like a PATA controller as most DOS flashers want something like Primary Master or Secondary Slave in order to access the drive.

Michael

pinto2 has very good English typing but sometimes him/i have to explain ourselves sometimes :iagree: Plus he has caught me posting the wrong advise at times :doh: and visa versa :slight_smile:

Sorry for the confusion everyone :bigsmile: What do i know :stuck_out_tongue:

A DOS flasher for newer Samsung’s newly built would satisfy us both for a day or two :smiley: :bigsmile:

Hi,

Okay :bigsmile:

A DOS flasher for newer Samsung’s newly built would satisfy us both for a day or two :smiley: :bigsmile:
I mentioned three possible candidates, now we need one or two volunteers for the sake of ODD science :bigsmile:

I tried to recover my dead flashed 163, but I failed because my SATA controllers don’t act like standard IDE controllers, so no drive could be found.

Michael