Flashing Pioneer dvr-110D from SONY VAIO

I wanted to update to the latest firmware. The Pioneer utility doesn’t see the drive since it is Sony OEM. I also tried using dvrflash 2.2 and I get an error during the flash saying the SONY drive is unsupported even when I use -ff mode. Is there anyway to flash this back to a true Pioneer drive? Thanks Gary

This never was a “true Pioneer drive”.

DVRFlash 2.2 will work with the force options.

I tried using dvrflash 2.2 but it says the Sony drive is unsupported, however, when running the dvrflash -v function it only shows as a Pioneer drive. IS it because I’m using the wrong firmware? I’ve tried several different ones including 139 the DB 839 but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks for the response,

Gary

Try to crossflash it with the official Pio 110D firmware first.

Please post the exact commandline used here.

Text below using win32 dvrflash from the windows XP SP2 run command

Microsoft® Windows DOS
©Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

C:\DVR110D>dvrflash -ff D: rb100011.139 rb100111.139

DVRFlash v2.2 : Pioneer DVR firmware flasher
by Agent Smith, et al., November 2005

DISCLAIMER

THIS PROGRAM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE ABILITY OF THIS PROGRAM TO FLASH A
PIONEER OR COMPATIBLE DVR DRIVE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE
PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY
SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

THIS PROGRAM IS NOT ENDORSED BY PIONEER CORPORATION OR ANY
COMPANY RESELLING PIONEER EQUIPMENT AS THEIR OWN BRAND

IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROGRAM AND
DISCHARGE BOTH THE AUTHOR AND PIONEER CORPORATION FROM ANY
DAMAGE OCCURING AS THE RESULT OF ITS USE, PLEASE INDICATE SO
BY ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

Do you understand and agree to the statement above (y/n)?
y

Commandline:
DVRFLASH -ff D: rb100011.139 rb100111.139

Drive Information:
Description : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D
Firmware Rev : 1.10
Firmware Date : 05/12/21
Manufacturer : PIONEER
Drive is in normal mode.

Firmwares and Drive type mismatch
Continue because force option was specified
Are you sure you want to flash this drive (y/n)?
y

Switching drive to Kernel mode:
Unsupported Drive Type SONY

C:\DVR110D>

Well, you could try either in SAFE MODE but probably using DVRUpdate 1.0 might be the better option here.

Dvrflash didn’t work in safe mode nor di the utility that came with the firmware download. Both got the same errors they did before. dvrflash saying Sony not supported and the firmware utility saying target not found.

any other ideas? thanks.

error with dvrupdate 1.0

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D1.10 05/12/21
ELDL035967WL ATA 0011SONY SONY 0004
Step 1: to kernel mode, Error, because Scsi error with ASC:26 ASCQ:0!

Please email us at tdb@rpc1.org before you break the drive.

Brother Vlad

Gary, Can you try emailing from a different account, say yahoo or hotmail, as your mail server won’t talk to our mail server.

Brother Vlad

Sent !

I’m in the same boat right now and found this thread through google. Was there ever any solution to this problem?

If you want to cross-flash the drive you will need to use our RPC1 Kernel flasher. http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR110D

For stock firmware you could try 1.17 http://tdb.rpc1.org/download/110D_117.ZIP

Brother Vlad

Sorry if I’m being dumb… but I don’t understand completely what you mean by using your RPC1 kernel flasher. Before my previous post, I tried most of the versions of DVR-110D on that page, and I got the same error as gklainer did before “available target not found”. I also tried DVRFLASH (in safe mode as well), and I also get the same exact error that gklainer had before “Unsupported Drive Type SONY”. My current version is 1.10, and my main goal is to update it to the latest firmware or anything above 1.10 (at least).

I’ve been going through the forums for the past 4 hours, and I can’t seem to find a clear answer. Thanks for your time. By the way, the link you gave me above to 1.17 is broken.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/original/110D_117.ZIP

The “available target not found” error is from a Pioneer flasher, the Pioneer flashers do not permit cross flashing of OEM drives (ie SONY ones), and we are not the maintainer of DVRFlash. The kernel flasher is bound to the DVR-110 1.22 release, as there isn’t much point cross flashing to a DVR-110D.

Brother Vlad

I have a Pioneer DVR-110d ATA device apparently OEM’d to Sony.
I have tried everything in this thread with no success. The latest attempt was to run the DB DVR 110/110_122r.exe.
I get unable to set kernel mode.
I used to consider myself pretty good with computers but this is making me feel really ignorant.
All I really need to be able to do is booktype to -ROM for some videos that I’m helping mu wife with. It would also be nice to have improved burning capabilities. Pioneer mentions this on their site as benefits of upgrading from ver. 1.10 which is where I’m stuck because of Sony’s policy of not providing or allowing firmware upgrades…
Can anyone give me “flashing for dummies” directions?
Thanks in advance

post #13 should explain it.

I’m sorry if I’m being dumb but if you are referring to post #13 in this thread it does not help as I tried that and the DB response to the subsequent post said “The kernel flasher is bound to the DVR-110 1.22 release” so that is what I tried last.
If you are referring to another post #13 I don’t understand.
Again TIA for all assistance.

Dave