Flashing mousepointer!

Yesterday I noticed that sometimes when browsing the forum, the mousepointer starts to flash. First I thought it to be my mouse that was causing it (wireless optical, so batteries or bad reception).

This morning I used my fathers computer, same “problem” there. So I tried at another location: at my school/job (yes that’s 2-in-1), same problem there.

IE: 2x 6.0, 1x 5.0

Anybody else who noticed this?

Eyp, it’s the bloody “Kill Saddam” ad (the flash one with the gun) :frowning:

I had it too … i guess we could “kill” the ad :slight_smile:

I’m getting it too. :frowning:

Yup, had it too, at home and at university. Didn’t like the Saddam ad and I certainly dislike it now :wink:

I dislike ALL adds :bigsmile:

I have asked our ad agency to remove it, as it annoys me too, I hope they will, I expect an answer tomorrow!

yeah, ads suck, But shooting sadam is Sooooooo much fun :slight_smile:

Do we know for sure that this darm ad will be going? So far it has crashed IE on me just about everytime I get it:a :a

Unfortunately the ad company is not very responsive. I think the banners probably make good money (I can’t see, we only get a report once a month from this company and they take 50%, which is still not much btw) and they don’t want them to go. Anyway I will mail them again and sorry for the inconvinience!

Just shoot him once and the animation will stop. No more blinking mousepointer and you gave CdFreaks some cash to get this site running :slight_smile:

Would be an Idea Mr.B if it didn’t crash on my so often… that’s the only reason why I’m complaining about it

Originally posted by GhostBear
Would be an Idea Mr.B if it didn’t crash on my so often… that’s the only reason why I’m complaining about it

I agree , that’s most annoying…

i do know of a temporarily solution with adsensor.net ; i’m sure you heard of bouncing websites to localhost. However , this gives cdfreaks no income and it will be quite a pain to see cdfreaks gone.

first try to upgrade your macromedia flash and javascipt using the microsoft update… this might save you from crashing the browser constantly.

I hate the damn ad. Hmm, maybe i should reinstall ZA since it blocked most of this stuff before…

I have to shoot him every time the ad comes up, is this because I have “PopUp Stopper” running and blocking coockies?

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I have to shoot him every time the ad comes up, is this because I have “PopUp Stopper” running and blocking coockies?

Have no popup stopper (because I want CD Freaks to get the ad revenue) and have to do the same…

Well, it is rather fun to shoot him over and over…

Unable to find mouse pointer.

Must… Shoot… Saddam…

Ahh, better. Thanks.

Ill be damned, it is that Saddam ad causing the uproar, I have already popped a capped in his head a few times today and he keeps coming back for more…

I do clikc the banners to help generate more income. But if that stupid head keeps causing problems on my work computers, I might have to localhost it.

uninstalling Flash was a good remedy, 99.99% of the websites with Flash content consist of useless time (and bandwith) consuming intro movies which I used to skip anyways, so I won’t miss anything…