Flashing Asus CD_RW

vbimport

Has anyone successfully flash an Asus cd-rw to a faster speed? I have an Asus 2410A on Win XP pro with NTFS partitions and would like to flash it to a higher speed. The threads that I have read only have instructions for flashing liteon drives. So if anyone has successfully flashed an Asus drive please tell me how, thanks.
:confused:

if you want to speed up your drive by flashing it, you probably need a hacked firmware which can be found here
This page normally contains hacks for most cdr/w , if it ain’t listed there, it might indicate that there probably isn’t one available

Yess…

Right now my Asus CRW-3212A is CRW-4012A!

I can’t understand why i can’t turn the drive into CRW-4812A. Is there anybody succeeded in o/cing to 48 speed??

that’s cool!!! :cool:

anyone else done it?

A 4012a won’t flash upto a 4816a cause it’s a different drive setup.

Been try and tested.No go.

Yes, you’re rite…I’ve tried that and, no go! it said that Writing Error!

hope that someday, Asus will release the P-Cav for 32x and 40x! and also Mt Rainier support

Paranoid : Is your Asus CD-RW having trouble reading CD-RW media burned under Nero with 4x speed?

Originally posted by DimeDeviL
[B]Yes, you’re rite…I’ve tried that and, no go! it said that Writing Error!

hope that someday, Asus will release the P-Cav for 32x and 40x! and also Mt Rainier support

Paranoid : Is your Asus CD-RW having trouble reading CD-RW media burned under Nero with 4x speed? [/B]

Yer sometimes but it’s because of the quality of the CD-RW(Asus are i bit media picky)