Before I flash my drive I have a few questions.
I have a HP notebook with a SLIM ND-6500A SL and want to flash it to a DL. I have read the F.A.Q, and still have questions. I don't believe it is rebranded it shows up as a NEC ND-6500A not an HP 420i. I don't have access to a desktop tower with IDE until this weekend. I am going with the original.bin so no RCP1 or ripspeed changes. I can't find the help that was mentioned in Dextroz's post. I have tried to do the research myself, I am an experienced user but I would still qualify myself a novice. With the dangers involved I want to double check I am doing this right.
1) Does it matter if the drive is rebranded if I am going to flash with TDB?
2) According to "dextroz" he flashed his Dell drive with to the TDB 2.40 firmware. When on the site the firmware is labeled 2.40 (Fuji-Siemens) TDB Windows Flasher. Should I use this one or one of the following: 2.22 TDB Windows Flasher, 2.23 TDB Windows Flasher, and 203D (DELL) TDB Windows Flasher or should I use Liggy's?
3) When I use Nero Infotool if the firmware given is 2.XX I can use TDB 2.XX or Liggy's 2.XX but if it Nero says 4.XX I need to use Liggy's 4.XX firmware?
3) Do I still need to get a slimline to IDE converter or have they managed to flash the drive while still in the notebook?
4) To flash I want to confirm the following steps.
- Using a slim to IDE plug the 6500A into the desktop, plug in, start the computer, let the computer install drivers.
- Run Liggy's Bootcode Flasher, this will put the 6500A into Slave mode. The firmware to set to slave is included with the program no separate files are needed.
- Restart the computer
- Run TDB Original.exe, or binflash and select Liggy's Firmware_original.bin
- The Drive will be a master drive and I can now shut down and put drive back into notebook.
Thanks in advance for your help.