FlashFix

I notice there is a banner on the LiteOn Firmware page that says once a drive has been flashed with another firmware it cannot be undone. Now is this before FlashFix, or is LiteOn just now up to date on what can be done?

Thanks for the heads up Mango :bow:

Originally posted by Jubal
I notice there is a banner on the LiteOn Firmware page that says once a drive has been flashed with another firmware it cannot be undone. Now is this before FlashFix, or is LiteOn just now up to date on what can be done?

Lite-ON doesn’t want you to downgrade because they want you to use what they think is the best firmware, which would always be the latest. This is why their firmware flash tool doesn’t let you downgrade.

Well that Christmas day firmware was hardly the best. I upgraded it and then they yanked it without posting a way to revert back. I finally did flashfix.

@Mango

By the way… Thanks a million for posting this!
This utility is very useful.

I have more questions about Firmware and flashing. I bought my drive which had firmware, if I flash it and the flash does not take, can I reflash back to what was in it when purchased? Ok, if so where do you find old firmware? I notice on the LiteOn site that everything but the latest is greyed out.

You can make a backup of your current firmware using LtnFW or mtkflash.

Originally posted by Thorz
It worked on the 811s. I have flashed back to HS0E, but my drive still refuses to read the DVD+RW that came with it in the box. Bummer!

perhaps the burn was bad.
I burnt my litey DVD+RW and I couldn’t read it either.
I used the bit setting program on it first. May not have helped :expressionless:

Thanks all, for the replies. Just another note on the 811S. If you are using Easy CD Creator 5.x Platinum with the drive updates from Roxio, check in HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adaptec\Adaptec Shared\CDEngine\Devices for the 811S and if the last number on the line for the drive is 183,9 backup your registry and change this number to read 178,9. I have not checked lately but Roxio may have fixed this. If this does not fix the problem of the software not recognizing the DVD Drive as a writer/rewriter then I guess you will have to contact Roxio, and good luck. Make sure you backup your registry before making any changes so you can revert back.

As for the flashing, all I can say is good luck with whatever you do with it.