Flashed NEC 2100AD to 2510A, question

vbimport

hello, first off i’d like to say this is a great site, i never knew i could flash my dvd-rw drive to different firmware so it can write to DVD- and DVDDL+.

now onto my question, i believe i have done a successful flash of my 2100AD drive, it can now burn DVD-, the reason i did the flash is because im going to be burning xbox360 games and now i don’t need to buy an additional dual layer burner.

so, i was wondering, i used Liggy’s NEC 2510 bitsetting firmware 2.19, and i have no idea if theres anything else i need to go regarding bitsetting in order to burn proper xbox 360 games. anybody know? i can try to further explain if this isn’t making much sense. cheers!

i looked at the similar threads linked at the bottom of this page, but all of those are outdated by about 4 years, so im not sure if this has already been addressed.

[QUOTE=jbg772;2186180]hello, first off i’d like to say this is a great site, i never knew i could flash my dvd-rw drive to different firmware so it can write to DVD- and DVDDL+.

now onto my question, i believe i have done a successful flash of my 2100AD drive, it can now burn DVD-, the reason i did the flash is because im going to be burning xbox360 games and now i don’t need to buy an additional dual layer burner.

so, i was wondering, i used Liggy’s NEC 2510 bitsetting firmware 2.19, and i have no idea if theres anything else i need to go regarding bitsetting in order to burn proper xbox 360 games. anybody know? i can try to further explain if this isn’t making much sense. cheers![/QUOTE]

Yes, you need to create your own backups first.