Flashed My Firmware,Now Nothing

vbimport

not to get ahead of myself,but i made sure i read all the forum rules,and attempted to find a solution already.
i think its fair to post my problem,as i cant see anyone else having the same issue.i have a HT-DT-ST DVD RW GCA 4080N.
im currently running win 7 x64,and now after flashing what seems to be a logical choice for my drive,its completely non functional.
ive utilized the DVD identifier tool,however it shows that i have nothing installed.i have DMA enabled,and theres also no trace of this drive in the BIOS itself.my PC is under warranty,however,before exploring that option,im checking to see if there are any others available.:frowning:
thanks to any and all insight to this issue,
GotHeart

Hi and WelcomeQUOTE=gotheart2010;2545604i have a HT-DT-ST DVD RW GCA 4080N.
im currently running win 7 x64,and now after flashing what seems to be a logical choice for my drive,its completely non functional.[/quote]were there any error messages when you flashed the firmware of your drive?

ive utilized the DVD identifier tool,however it shows that i have nothing installed.i have DMA enabled,and theres also no trace of this drive in the BIOS itself.
Sounds bad. Check device manager if you can find any error indicators or traces of your drive.

my PC is under warranty,however,before exploring that option
Some manufacturers consider flashing firmware as “user’s own fault” and not honoring the warranty. But you can ask politely.

If this incident is not covered by warranty, you may try if you can re-flash the drive in another computer, preferably running Windows XP or a 32bit version of Vista or 7.

Michael

reboot and see if it comes up if you already haven’t. the drive is renesas based, it has a fail safe mechanism.