Flashed drive and cannot play certain DVD's

vbimport

I flashed my drive with a 3rd party firmware. The firmware made it so that I could play DVD’s from any region. The problem is that I tried to play Spiderman and it said that the movie was only playable on non modified Region 1 players. Is there a firmware that will fix this???

BTW my burner is a NEC 3500

Yo-

What firmware did you flash to?

Mike

I flashed to the firmware that is found in this thread
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=105698

I am still not sure what to do. I think I am using Herrie’s 2.17 firmware

I just flashed with MadDog modified and then I tried some different stuff. It seems that the only problem is with the DVD’s that I have backed up using DVDxCopy. I tried the original Spiderman and it plays fine, but my backup copy of Spiderman will not work. I guess it has something to do with DVDxCopy.

tamccain,

See the information at Regional Coding Enhancement .

If playing Spiderman is the only problem, you could try these workarounds:

From the link -

1. If this doesn’t work, play a non-RCE Region 1 title for a few seconds, and then put in the RCE title. This works fine for me…

AnyDVD is an excellent driver program that descrambles DVD encoding in the background. It also fixes region code problems among other benefits. I highly recommend it even if it’s obviously not worth the price to fix a region code problem with one movie. It’s a very useful tool, and after you read its features, you may want it anyway. :slight_smile:

In any event, you can use the free trial of AnyDVD for 21 days, and that should give you enough time to memorize Spiderman. :bigsmile:

The obvious alternative, of course, is to flash back to the official firmware. That also may not be appealing to fix a problem with one movie.