Flash problems with LTR-163D

Ok, got my LTR-52327S all flashed and ready to go, latest firmware QS0B, everything went fine.

So I figure why not see what I can find for my old LTR-163D, and I see there are a couple of firmware upgrades on another page (not Liteon), that take it from GHR6 to GHR8, but none of them run from the zip file they are in! They just crash the system, my mouse starts to slow then it hardlocks and I have to switch off the PSU. I don’t even get to the flash part, the file seems to crash my system.

I have on Secondary controller, LTR-52327S as Master and the LTR-163D is on the same controller as Slave.

I even tried to run the old firmware the GHR6 file, and that too crashes.

Anyone know what is going on with these firmware files? I’m thinking to try and flash in my other comp…

Oh and the drive is fine LTR-163D, it works, as I mention the flash didn’t even get to start, as soon as I opened the .exe file the system would become unstable.

Go to digi’s site and download his windows flash utility, and flash from a bin file. Use the IDE mode. That’s the way I’ve been flashing my LTD163 and LTR32123S. No sweat. You can get the latest (modified region free) firmwares from there as well.

Originally posted by [BLiT45]
…but none of them run from the zip file they are in!

Did you try extracting the file before running it? If you have problems, then just go for the method described above.

Originally posted by dhc014
Did you try extracting the file before running it? If you have problems, then just go for the method described above.

Well yes, I just use Winrar as usual… :wink:

I’ll try Tremo’s suggestion, thanks you guys… :smiley: