Flash DW-U10A to retail firmware?

is it safe to flash this drive to the DRU-500AX firmware?

DRU-500AX?? I just flashed mine to DRU-500A, not AX.
It uses firmware 2.0f now and there where no problems upgrading (don’t forget to disable DMA though).

I received your e-mail and I tryed to send you the firmware, but the email delivery fails. You can contact me if you still want it.

hey m8, could you please provide me with the firmware

It’s on his way (if everything goes well this time :))

thanx alot m8, it works now. :bow:

got a question or 2,

can i now update to 2.0f bios?

and secondly nero gives me two
options to write a dvd:

1 = 3.1x (4,278 KB/s)
2 = 2.6x (3,588 KB/s)

any ideas where 4x is?

i did a fresh install of nero (note this is before i put any media in)

thanx a lot m8

Yez, any program will approach your drive as an original 500A (actually it is). So the official 2.0f upgrade will work too.

About the 3,1x setting, I don’t have a clue yet. I’ll check with my drive as soon as I get home.

( i just found out the answer) thnx
3 Apr 2003 1:07 AM i did the flash to the 500a, then the firmware upgrade to 2.0e, when i open nero it lists the speeds available as 3.1x and 2.6x, what gives?

i dont have any 4x media so i can’t check if it works at 4x or not. what do u guys get when u open nero with no media in the drive?
scrim

3 Apr 2003 4:20 AM I only get the 4X option when a 4X DVD-R is inserted in the drive other wise I get the same as you mrchan. I think 4X only shows when one is in the drive it’s self.
shyrath

Yup… same for me .

cheers
mrchan

3 Apr 2003 12:53 PM whew. thanks guys. just wanted to make sure i didnt get a bum drive. with the new 2.0e firmware can you guys burn DVD+RW at 4x?

Interesting stuff: you can now burn a DVD certified for 2x at 3,1x ?

Hi, lads, I found your discussion doing a search. I just got the (OEM) Sony DW-U10A with a new machine, and I want to flash it with the firmware, but is it true that you can only find firmware for the DRU-500A because Sony won’t support the OEM version and the 500A is exactly the same drive? Yeah but if this is all true, I already downloaded the firmware and tried to flash my DW-U10A with the DRU-500A.20f firmware but it says ‘no suitable drive detected’. Why? Why? :eek:

Originally posted by johnnydouglas
Hi, lads, I found your discussion doing a search. I just got the (OEM) Sony DW-U10A with a new machine, and I want to flash it with the firmware, but is it true that you can only find firmware for the DRU-500A because Sony won’t support the OEM version and the 500A is exactly the same drive? Yeah but if this is all true, I already downloaded the firmware and tried to flash my DW-U10A with the DRU-500A.20f firmware but it says ‘no suitable drive detected’. Why? Why? :eek:

Hi. You need a special firmware in order to upgrade a dwu10a to a dru500a. Im not sure where to get it, but im sure someone else will be able to point you in the right direction.

http://isweb44.infoseek.co.jp/computer/type-ive/files/DW-U10A_to_DRU-500A.zip

This is apparently, IT.
Lemme know how you get on, mate. The DWU-10A is working perfectly for me, so I’m a bit dubious to upgrade. Oh - and I have been told disable the DMA before you do the upgrading of firmware. I dont have a clue how to do so myself, so i’ll leave it to you to find out and tell me, eh ? :wink: :bigsmile: