Flash drive on company time

vbimport

Just going to throw this out and I have researched this somewhat. We have company pc’s and we’re allowed to be on the internet. We know that big brother can and does watch what we’re doing. I want a flash drive that I can plug in, utilizing the company pc, but only using the resources of the internet and be invisible, leaving not a trace of what I’m doing.
So, I want to be able to browse/surf (yes, portable firefox), and most importantly, I want to be able to download exe. games and have my thumbdrive handle it. I was told I would need an emulator or something, and also most games require direct X.
As it is now, if I “DARE” download a game on company PC, which I do not, it wants to install on PC. There is no option of downloading in to my older 1G thumbdrive.
I need some direction as what is it that I need to get and do.
Thank you very much.

even if you manage to find a way to redirect your downloads “big brother” can still see what was downloaded if they want to. The only way around thsi is to log into a SSH server so your data streamed in the shell is encrypted.

Otherwise, anything you download is easy then to direct to any specific drive or folder you desire.

As for installation, most current largegames can not be installed completely to a flash drive, some parts need to be written to windows.

Can you give specific examples of what you want done, using software and game title names perhaps.

[QUOTE=xtacydima;2151918]even if you manage to find a way to redirect your downloads “big brother” can still see what was downloaded if they want to. The only way around thsi is to log into a SSH server so your data streamed in the shell is encrypted.

Otherwise, anything you download is easy then to direct to any specific drive or folder you desire.

As for installation, most current largegames can not be installed completely to a flash drive, some parts need to be written to windows.

Can you give specific examples of what you want done, using software and game title names perhaps.[/QUOTE]
hello. thx for the reply. oh, i’m into room escape games, where serveral of the nice (bigger, longer lasting) require a download. I really do not want to download anything like this on company pc. The only good example would be this game called, “escape the museum”. Here is the url and please remove if not allowed. I just want you to see what I’m talking about.

You see it’s around 86 meg. I wished, with a large thumb drive, I could get it on there, and play when I wanted. Let me know what you think.
I was banned from another site for asking my original question. We’re allowed to use company pc’s as we “all” do. We’re simply not to download application (exe) files as mainly for virus fears. Maybe I should have reworded what I was after. Thx for any help/info.

Sounds like you need to run a virtual PC from your thumbdrive. Should be possible with a 1 GB usb drive, (someone will correct me if I am wrong.)

[QUOTE=uSerKey;2152438]Sounds like you need to run a virtual PC from your thumbdrive. Should be possible with a 1 GB usb drive, (someone will correct me if I am wrong.)[/QUOTE]
i’ll keep my ears peeled to my thread. If what you’re saying is correct, I’m about to get a new drive. My 1 gig is maxed out with other stuff. Should I then purchase one with specific s/w on it, or get one with a specific amount of memory?