Flash BH10LS30 to BH12LS30?

vbimport

Would it be possible to flash a BH10LS30 to a BH12LS30 ?

On the spec sheets the only difference is the BH12LS30 has an extra 2MB buffer (4MB) and some (not all) of the burn speeds are 2x faster, ie: 10x 12X. otherwise they seem to be the same specs.

[QUOTE=darwin03;2579330]Would it be possible to flash a BH10LS30 to a BH12LS30 ?

On the spec sheets the only difference is the BH12LS30 has an extra 2MB buffer (4MB) and some (not all) of the burn speeds are 2x faster, ie: 10x 12X. otherwise they seem to be the same specs.[/QUOTE]
If they have the same chipset but there is no firmware release for the 12x model which you would need to flash with.

Hello,

there is now a the firmware 1.01 for the BH12LS30 (with the same changelog for BH12LS30 and BH10LS30); and they have the same chipset.

Does someone know if there is a way to flash the BH10LS30 with the BH12LS30 or if there is an unofficial crossflash anywhere?

[QUOTE=Orca;2618251]Hello,

there is now a the firmware 1.01 for the BH12LS30 (with the same changelog for BH12LS30 and BH10LS30); [B]and they have the same chipset[/B].

Does someone know if there is a way to flash the BH10LS30 with the BH12LS30 or if there is an unofficial crossflash anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen that by yourself?? :cop:

Yep, Chipset for the BH12LS30 and Chipset for the BH10LS30 and the good news is it seems to work with flasher like said in the flasher creator post.

My writer is now seen as a BH12LS30, the firmware is the BH12LS30 1.01 that i patched before with MCSE and everythings seems to work fine. I just made a nero disc speed test, transfer rate seems fine. Now i need to test if the x12 writing is really enabled or not (don’t know if there is a quick way to test that).

[QUOTE=Orca;2618266]
My writer is now seen as a BH12LS30, the firmware is the BH12LS30 1.01 that i patched before with MCSE and everythings seems to work fine. I just made a nero disc speed test, transfer rate seems fine. Now i need to test if the x12 writing is really enabled or not (don’t know if there is a quick way to test that).[/QUOTE]

That’s very interesting … I’m surprised the BH10LS30 drive allowed you to directly flash a BH12LS30 main firmware on it just like that … since the cores used by the two models are different (at least in name), normally a direct flash like that should not work (without some additional workarounds on the core firmware side)…

Let us know how it works …

In the beginning, i tried with a safe boot mode (press eject 10 sec then boot windows, etc; then use the .exe file for the BH12LS30) but it didn’t work.

Then I adapted a howto that you made (How to crossflash a GSA-T20L to a GSA-E50L - Step by step).

One change for the main file with a hexadecimal editor
BH12NS30MAIN
REV LVL 1.01

->

BH10NS30MAIN
REV LVL 1.01

And 2 captures with the same blu-ray to compare (batman, the dark knight)

The first with the original BH10LS30 firmware:
And after :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Orca;2618347]In the beginning, i tried with a safe boot mode (press eject 10 sec then boot windows, etc; then use the .exe file for the BH12LS30) but it didn’t work.

Then I adapted a howto that you made (How to crossflash a GSA-T20L to a GSA-E50L - Step by step).

One change for the main file with a hexadecimal editor
BH12NS30MAIN
REV LVL 1.01

->

BH10NS30MAIN
REV LVL 1.01
[/QUOTE]

Yes … that explains why the crossflash worked :slight_smile:

I have the same drive, and I am very interested in final experience, so, please, can you post some newer findings?

I really wonder why Orca mixed up LS with NS drives and firmwares.
Maybe by coincidence.

[QUOTE=chef;2625169]I really wonder why Orca mixed up LS with NS drives and firmwares.
Maybe by coincidence.[/QUOTE]

No mix-up, chef. Oddly enough, all the LG LS model firmwares have an NS main firmware. Their differences are dealt with in the core firmware perhaps?

Screenshot from my WH12LS30 firmware opened in a hex editor:

And thanks to Orca for testing the water for us :flower:.

I’m currently doing some burns with my freshly crossflashed WH10LS30>BH12LS38 drive :bigsmile:.

So guys, does anyone can help me out to xflash my drive…not really handy with hex coding, and I would like to know what is the chances to recover the drive in case of bad flash?

Hey deanwitty,

thanks for the news and info!

Little_Heidi,

its all explained by Orca some posts earlier in this thread!!

[QUOTE=chef;2625326]thanks for the news and info!
[/QUOTE]

Quite old news. It can also crossflash to WH12LS39.:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=2601;2625699]Quite old news. It can also crossflash to WH12LS39.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know you did it 5 minutes after you got your hands on the WH12 firmware ages ago:p:bigsmile:.

Regarding flashing to WH12LS39. I believe I’ve seen mention that burning M-disc media requires different hardware(laser), correct? Flashing to the 39 firmware alone will not enable M-disc burning. Or am I mistaken?

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2625739]Yes, I know you did it 5 minutes after you got your hands on the WH12 firmware ages ago:p:bigsmile:.

Regarding flashing to WH12LS39. I believe I’ve seen mention that burning M-disc media requires different hardware(laser), correct? Flashing to the 39 firmware alone will not enable M-disc burning. Or am I mistaken?[/QUOTE]

Try to crossflash and burn on M-disc. You will know what is true.

[QUOTE=2601;2625699]Quite old news. It can also crossflash to WH12LS39.:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the proved news in my case then. :flower:

I recently acquired a BH10LS30 as my first LG BD burner device.

Keep up the good work, 2601. :cool:

[QUOTE=2601;2625750]Try to crossflash and burn on M-disc. You will know what is true.[/QUOTE]

Very well. M-discs ordered. Hoping for a pleasant surprise.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2625173]No mix-up, chef. Oddly enough, all the LG LS model firmwares have an NS main firmware. Their differences are dealt with in the core firmware perhaps?[/QUOTE]
NS and LS main firmwares are almost identical, just a feature selection byte and checksums differ. The core part is identical.