FLAC files to WAV?

vbimport

Hello, I have FLAC files that are from a 3 disc set. Although when converting to WAVit takes 4 discs to burn it. I want to create the same lossless file from the CD to burn. Thanks:a

What program did you use to create the .flac files?EAC + cuesheet and .flac is 1 of the better ways to go for replication…

And is it one FLAC file per song, or…?

Ideally, if you’re burning the songs back as a proper audio CD, it only depends on the length of the song, and you shouldn’t have to convert to WAV manually depending on what burning software you’re using. (Though converting to WAV still shouldn’t make the music take up more space on a proper audio CD.)

[QUOTE=Albert;2785835]And is it one FLAC file per song, or…?
[/QUOTE]

As long as there’s a .cue included,it doesn’t really make a difference.
It’s just when a .flac file is added file by file to an audio compilation that the cd size could be different,compared to the original,due to newly written indexes and gaps by the burning program…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2785837]As long as there’s a .cue included,it doesn’t really make a difference.
It’s just when a .flac file is added file by file to an audio compilation that the cd size could be different,compared to the original,due to newly written indexes and gaps by the burning program…[/QUOTE]

Thank you for expanding my knowledge. :flower:

Hmm, I am no true CD-freak, but I do know a lot about this. Howcome four CDs? That would hold true if you tried to burn the waves back to disc as a mode 1 data discs with error correction or as roadworker correctly mentions forget to set the pre track gaps to 00:00 apart from on the first track (that should always be 02:00 according to the Red book standard).

I am a bit puzzled as to what you’re referring to I must say… Are you referring to the file size? We all know that it reads 650 or for the most, 700MB for CD-R these days, but it is simply not the case when it comes to Audio. 650 and 700MB refers to burning as Mode 1 data recording with error correction. CD-DA does not include error correction, it is simply a raw stream referring to the next sector of audio data without any error correction at all.

I choose to give you the facts pure and simple as I am not quite sure I understand your question, but for the record:
(650MB) 74 minutes (CD-DA) = 746.9 MB
(700MB) 80 minutes (CD-DA) = 807.5 MB

Hopefully the above is able to guide you as to what is possible on a CD-R (it is the absolute maximum), I would of course on a general level advice you to stop a tad before the absolute maximum if you want it to last (finger marks and all, but please note that the Wave header is stripped upon burning). :flower:

Howcome four CDs? That would hold true if you tried to burn the waves back to disc as a mode 1 data discs with error correction

If that’s the case,it doesn’t surprise me that the files don’t fit on 3 cd’s…:bigsmile:
But then again,those discs can’t be playable audiocd’s,as cdrom mode 1 2048 bytes is solely for data storage…normally,real audiocd players would spit out such cd’s with error messages …

[QUOTE=Xercus;2785842]Hmm, I am no true CD-freak, but I do know a lot about this. Howcome four CDs? That would hold true if you tried to burn the waves back to disc as a mode 1 data discs with error correction or as roadworker correctly mentions forget to set the pre track gaps to 00:00 apart from on the first track (that should always be 02:00 according to the Red book standard).

I am a bit puzzled as to what you’re referring to I must say… Are you referring to the file size? We all know that it reads 650 or for the most, 700MB for CD-R these days, but it is simply not the case when it comes to Audio. 650 and 700MB refers to burning as Mode 1 data recording with error correction. CD-DA does not include error correction, it is simply a raw stream referring to the next sector of audio data without any error correction at all.

I choose to give you the facts pure and simple as I am not quite sure I understand your question, but for the record:
(650MB) 74 minutes (CD-DA) = 746.9 MB
(700MB) 80 minutes (CD-DA) = 807.5 MB

Hopefully the above is able to guide you as to what is possible on a CD-R (it is the absolute maximum), I would of course on a general level advice you to stop a tad before the absolute maximum if you want it to last (finger marks and all, but please note that the Wave header is stripped upon burning). :flower:[/QUOTE]
I got the files from the internet and there was no .cue file. I think I’ll go with newer CD’s (80). In the future, I’ll not mess with a file unless it has a .cue file. Thanks everybody for your help

[QUOTE=swampwizard60;2785775]Hello, I have FLAC files that are from a 3 disc set. Although when converting to WAVit takes 4 discs to burn it. I want to create the same lossless file from the CD to burn. Thanks:a[/QUOTE]
Unless the player you use doesn’t support FLAC I don’t see a reason why you would want to convert to WAV. The audio will be only as good as the source. No gain from converting to WAV.

The reason why they take four discs is because WAV is a larger file. Much larger than FLAC (depending on which compression level you’re using with FLAC).

Thanks, I always though they were the same size.

Just to bring closure to the thread. Any 3-CD set, flac or other format will fit on three CDs even though they are above in size due to wave headers or otherwise. If the CD’s are filled to the absolute max with sound data, it would require you to set gaps to zero between tracks apart from before track one (most if not all software would prohibit setting the pre-track gap of track one so don’t pay too much notice).

A small correction to my first post though, there is an error correction of sorts even for audio, but not much to write home about :wink: