Flac files to mp3

Can someone help me I am having trouble converting some files to mp3’s. Iam using Audacity:bow:

[QUOTE=Weird1;1922646]Can someone help me I am having trouble converting some files to mp3’s. Iam using Audacity:bow:[/QUOTE]

Try BonkEnc, very good freeware converter/ripper :smiley:
Or you can use flac plugin for Winamp

Have you pointed Audacity to the Lame mp3 encoder under Preferences?

THANK YOU pepst for the info on Bonkenc it did the job.:clap:
Thanks once again - Weird1

Works fine in Audacity here, import FLAC file and export as MP3.

Even works in ReZound :bigsmile:

also works very well with [B] Adobe Audition [/B] and the FLAC 1.1.4 file filter :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=coathi;1923588]also works very well with [B] Adobe Audition [/B] and the FLAC 1.1.4 file filter :)[/QUOTE]

Audition with Wine for you, Sir? :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help, Audicity worked fine but not for all files, some files seemed to convert but when played back they played the whole file in about 2 seconds. Do not know why.

Give MediaCoder a try.

The application is free and does audio and video conversions of many file formats, including FLAC.

Then those flac files probably weren’t made very well to begin with. Audacity 1.3.3 beta even has a preset “MP3 Conversion” batch function, which I let run thru 2 flac-encoded albums without a hitch.

Glad BonkEnc worked for you! Audacity is more of a sound editor than a conversion tool anyway, but since you mentioned it in your question, I had to try it out myself ;).