FixTVS?

vbimport

In plain English, could you please help out a newbie by explaining what that program will do. I belive it was designed to defeat anti-piracy encryption on DVDs.

Thank you for your help.

That software is aimed to remove some of the most recent protections found in some commercial video DVDs. Some protections introduce in the DVD some illegal cells that confuses some transcoding softwares like DVD Shrink making impossible for them to manage correctly a movie. All this trash must be removed from the file because it’s useless, confusing, and it can also increase file dimensions hugely.

Does it make sense? :slight_smile:

THANK YOU so much for your insights!

FixVTS will not remove cells without another program first declares them for removal.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2061828]FixVTS will not remove cells without another program first declares them for removal.[/QUOTE]

oops… You picky :stuck_out_tongue:

FixVTS is a very tiny tool that allows you to adjust your DVD files into better DVD compliance, so they can be opened in DVDShrink or vobblanker.:iagree:

Look at the attached file. And read all checked boxes.
The page says it all

The picture says to me that you should update it to the final version 1.603. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2062006]FixVTS is a very tiny tool that allows you to adjust your DVD files into better DVD compliance, so they can be opened in DVDShrink or vobblanker.:iagree:[/QUOTE]As VobBlanker does more or less the same cleaning as FixVTS, you should be able to open up a messed DVD in VobBlanker without running FixVTS first. :slight_smile:

I was just trying to make it clear what the tool does, you are correct Gummigutta.:flower:

I’m sorry alan, I was not trying to argue with a mod. :flower:

I appreciate all your input Gummigutta, you have nothing to be sorry about.:flower:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2062024]The picture says to me that you should update it to the final version 1.603. :)[/QUOTE]

If you did not rush to conclusion so fast, you would see that the picture is the same for latest version also.
The picture is form download site not from my computer. :smiley:

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2062119]If you did not rush to conclusion so fast, you would see that the picture is the same for latest version also.
The picture is form download site not from my computer. :D[/QUOTE]If you have the same look as in this picture, this is how it should look. What do you want? A description of the different buttons and check boxes?

Or that it will remove cells without that they have been declared for removal in the IFO files first?

That’s how mine looks :iagree:.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2062193]If you have the same look as in this picture, this is how it should look. What do you want? A description of the different buttons and check boxes?

Or that it will remove cells without that they have been declared for removal in the IFO files first?[/QUOTE]

I do not want anything. OP was asking what FixVTS does. If you read the text beside checked boxes, it will tell you what it does. That was my point, that is all.
As for picture, beside shoving latest version number, all the important parts are there.

There is normally a pretty good reason why programs get updated.