First time using ty watershields to disc printing, need help

vbimport

Hi all! I just bought a Canon ip4500 and some ty watershields. I need help to write these to disc. I have nero cover design and the Canon cd Labeler software, so my qestion is which program is the best? I have googled many but I cant find a tutorial on how to burn any discs with ip4500 to make it fit. I don’t know anything so I would be glad if somebody could post a mini tutorial.

Thanks in advice!

Here’s CD LabelPrint manual :
https://home.comcast.net/~annocjr/acsol/ebay-photos/CDR-Printing-Guide.pdf
You should already have this if your printer came factory-enabled to print disks.
If your printer is[B] not[/B] enabled (US models) you will have to acquire tray and then reprogram EPROM on printer.
Verify if iP4500 needs rollers.
Search here to find the steps to enable disk printing if your printer was not shipped ready to print disks.

Ok thanks but I got some questions. Should you burn the data on the disc before or after the you print the disc?

You talked about activate the printer (US only) but I bought mine from germany so I don’t need to activate, right?

If it came with a cd tray, CD LabelPrint software etc, it is ready to print disks .
I always burn first (and verify burn) before printing.

Nero Cover designer is probably the worst of the available choices. the Canon CD-LabelPrint software is very good. the included help files are very detailed.

Hi I’ve googled a bit about the program and I saw that some had problems with the outer diameter that you can’t change it to 119 mm. Is it the same to everyone?

Also what is the inner and outer diameter for TY Watershields I posted above?

[QUOTE=amd123;2112606]Hi I’ve googled a bit about the program and I saw that some had problems with the outer diameter that you can’t change it to 119 mm. Is it the same to everyone?

Also what is the inner and outer diameter for TY Watershields I posted above?[/QUOTE]

You should measure your discs to get the correct sizes, as it can change. The PRINTABLE area of the Watershield I have here is 24x118mm. Please note that the white area is not all printable.

The Canon software is limited to 118mm outer. This is only an issue with Verbatim discs which are printable to 119mm. I don’t find the 1/2 mm white stripe to be objectionable. You will have a small white stripe on Watershield regardless, it’s only printable to 118mm.

Do you mean that you can’t print at the white mark at all? What happen if you do that by mistake will the quality be lower?

I have uploaded a picture and see if I understand right.
This is the dvd-r I have ordered
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1678/dvdrga7.jpg
Am I writing right?

I have also ordered cd-r TY watershields.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4744/cdreu1.jpg

As you can see the inner diameter is bigger. Should I measure it the same way as in the picture on the dvd-r image?

The Watershield discs are actually a white thermal print surface with a thin layer of clear glossy inkjet surface applied over that. The inkjet printable surface does not fully cover the white area, leaving less than 1mm of area at the outer margin than will not hold inkjet ink. Printing that area will result in the ink forming blobs and coming off, just like if you printed a non-printable disc. At the inner margin, the printable surface nearly covers the white area. You will be able to see all this when you look carefully at the discs.

Sorry if I’m impolite, but can you just say if I should measure from the white surface or the transparent surface? Also for the watershields I posted above, can I use the settings you wrote?(24x118)

[QUOTE=amd123;2113134]Sorry if I’m impolite, but can you just say if I should measure from the white surface or the transparent surface? Also for the watershields I posted above, can I use the settings you wrote?(24x118)[/QUOTE]

24x118 will be very close. But there are always small difference from one printer to the next, so measuring is best. You can see the coating on the disc, and where it stops short of the edge of the white. That’s the printable area so that’s what you measure.

Thank you jflan and special thanks to CDan!

I’ll will try to do print as you described.

Best regards

Antonio