First time Post with a question for BDC-207D

Hi, I have a Pioneer BDC-207D never had any problems with it, I bought a Bluray “Blacksea” and it could not be accessed, even when restart the PC the drive would sit there scanning for ages to try and boot from Bios. I sent the BluRay back thinking it was a dud, but then I bought another one and the same Problem, So I thought there must be some encryption or something. Now I am thinking that I should flash my Drive to get round this.

Has anyone else had any issues?

Drive Information:

Model Name : PIONEER BD-ROM  BDC-207D

Firmware Rev : 1.00
Extra Info : 12/03/12 PIONEER
Serial Number : NGDL053578WL
Buffer Size : 4000 kiB

Additional Drive Information:

Label Code : BDC-207DBK

Hardware Rev : SAT 1031
Kernel Type : ID61
Firmware Type : ID61
Kernel Version : 0001

Drive is in normal mode.

Firmware flashing support : YES
Firmware dumping support : NO

Drive Capabilities:

CD-ROM : R BD-ROM : R
CD-R : R/W BD-R : R
CD-RW : R/W BD-R XL : -
DVD-ROM : R BD-RE : R
DVD-R : R/W BD-RE XL : -
DVD-R DL : R/W HD DVD-ROM : -
DVD-RW : R/W HD DVD-R : -
DVD+R : R/W HD DVD-R DL : -
DVD+R DL : R/W HD DVD-RW : -
DVD+RW : R/W LabelFlash : NO
DVD-RAM : R LightScribe : NO

Drive Region Settings:

RPC Scheme : RPC-2

Current Region : 2
Changes Left : 4 (available to user)
Resets Left : 4 (available only to vendor)
Region State : Region is set

Have you checked with another drive and also a standalone?

“Current Region : 2” is also important. Which region has the BD and which software do you use?

THanks for the response, never had this problem before the Disc just wont read and shows up as no disc inserted, I would be really suprised if 2 Discs from Amazon have the same issue, I use MakeMKV Ill test it in PS3 tonight to see if its the disc once again. ALso the Blue Ray is R2. If it is the wrong region it tells you that its wrong region. I was just wondering if this was a firmware issue for some type of encryption.

Always be possible, but this one is from 2015, right?!

Playback Region 0 :This will not play on most DVD players sold in the U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda. according to Amazon web page

This is not about DVD but Blu-Ray!

1 Like

Was thinking of getting new Blu Ray Drive but this is the only Disc I have had an issue on. I only wondered if anyone else has had issues with reading discs. I have a collection of over 1000 discs and this is the first one that has been unable to be read.