First time I was asked for layer break position

vbimport

I have done a little research on this and have read Wombler’s guide to selecting the correct layer break with DL media in Imgburn. I’m using the latest version of DvdFab and Imgburn. My latest backup was the first time Imgburn asked me to select a break with DL media. I haven’t changed any settings and before Imgburn would start after DvdFab and burn the disc without any intervention from me regarding breaks. Any reason why now I see this?

As far back as I can remember Imgburn has always asked for the layer break for D/L.

When you got your last update did you change the setting for disc size default to 9 or 5 ?

I checked the common settings in DvdFab / “dvd copy” / “default output size”. I see the options for dvd 5 or dvd 9. The option was set for dvd 5 and I believe this is what it has been set for since I’ve never changed it. Unless I did indeed set that for dvd 9 and a recent update reverted it back to the default dvd 5 which is why I was asked finally by Imgburn for the break?

Updates have been know to do that

It would only ask about a layerbreak if it was set on DVD9. There wouldn’t be a need for a layerbreak if the rip was compressed to DVD5.

So if I had changed the default output value to dvd9 (which I probably did) and backed up dvd5 discs I wasted alot of dual layer discs but wasn’t asked by Imgburn for a layer break before. With an update that defaulted back to dvd 5 imgburn properly asked for the break when i backed up the dual layer disc?

Yes sounds about right

[QUOTE=mcodeg;2603746]So if I had changed the default output value to dvd9 (which I probably did) and backed up dvd5 discs I wasted alot of dual layer discs but wasn’t asked by Imgburn for a layer break before. With an update that defaulted back to dvd 5 imgburn properly asked for the break when i backed up the dual layer disc?[/QUOTE]
NO that’s not correct.
Only if you did the rip with output set DVD9 will you be ask for a layer break.
You cannot back that DVD9 rip to a DVD5 disc without compressing it.

You can however burn a DVD5 rip to a DL DVD disc but it shouldn’t ask for a layerbreak because the DVD5 rip should all fit on one layer. I don’t know this for sure it might ask but there wouldn’t be a need to.

mcodeg

Sorry read it backwards, cholla explained it pretty good